Hello,

I was wondering if anyone here who was planning on staying in on Sunday night would care to receive text messages of the setlist as it is happening.

Of course, posting it here would be great. I used to see this all the time on the U2 mesage boards during their Vertigo tour. It was exciting to see on your computer what song they were playing. I haven't really seen it on here except for Webcasts. In order to enjoy the show as much as possible I probably would use acronyms.

Think of it as a Wilco penpal for the night. I'm sure that this has been tried in the past. It seems that with last year's awesome show at this venue people are really excited to see what gets played this time.

Thanks,

Kristofor

PS preferably a Verizon customer.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

Well, I know you are right. I only tried to see if anyone would take the offer. Just excited to see Wilco again after Chicago last November.

For the record I am not a cell phone picker upper during shows. I just figured since it was a Sunday night maybe someone here would partake. I'll leave the field reporting to Dan Rather.

Well, i kind of figured I would get the responses that I did. You'll just have to wait until we get back from the show than. :ohwell

Kristofor

PS Yea, I kind of feel like an ass. Cue Sad Charlie Brown Music. Head hung in shame.

In no particular order at all:

Either Way

You Are My Face

Impossible Germany

Side With the Seeds

Sky Blue Sky

Hate It Here

Walken

On & On & On

Handshake Drugs

I'm a Wheel

I'm the Man Who Loves You

I am trying to break your heart

Kamera

Poor Places

Jesus Etc.

War on War

Outtasite Outtamind

Shot in the Arm

Spiders (Kidsmoke)

Via Chicago

Hummingbird

Heavy Metal Drummer

Soundchecked but not played: Say You Miss Me, Pot Kettle Black, At My Window Sad & Lonely

Am I missing anything?

Poor Places is relatively rare these days, no?

I was surprised by how many people hadn't heard of Low, and how poorly they seemed to be received. Although I don't think Low really played a good setlist for an outdoor show. Apart from "Canada" they didn't really pull out too many of their more sonically aggressive numbers.

Wilco kicked some severe ass tonight. Highlights for me were Side With Seeds, Impossible Germany, Via Chicago, Poor Places, Sky Blue Sky and Jesus Etc. They played a couple of songs I'm a little burned out on but all told it was a great show by the best band in the land. B)

Sooo A-MA-ZING!!! This was personally definitely the best Wilco show I have ever been too!!! :dancing

It was so nice (and different) to see Jeff being sooo social and funny!!! When Jeff sat down in the speaker right in front of us to play 'Walken', I thought I was GOING TO DIE!!! THEN when he came out and danced to the end of 'Hummingbird' with us, oh my... :wub

Glenn was adorable and so sweaty from the very beginning (poor guy :hmm ). I love watching him!!! :rock

Nels was incredible!!! I have to tell you, during some of his playing...to me...he looked like he was having a sort of "out of body" experience, I know it sounds strange but hear me out. Remember how in 'Shake It Off' Nels is talking about how with Wilco he feels influences of other great guitar players coming out in him?!? Well, there were many times but this one in particular (and I REALLY WISH I could remember what song), but Nels look like he "left". Seriously...eyes closed for the longest time, playing so intently, and swaying...and he just looked "gone". It was unbelievable!!! Call me craZZZy, but that's what I saw. :yes

Pat was very cute with his windmill :)

Mikhail got so into it he lost his glasses :rock

John was great as usual :thumbup

And I got to me meet Walken, LouieB and of course, my friend Atticus!!! :cheers

Btw, in case you didn't hear Jeff loves Walken aka Wayne Whittaker ;)

Moderator edit: WW, I merged this with the thread that people seemed to be posting in. Great review BTW!

M (hris

Hello,

I hope everyone enjoyed the show and had a safe trip. Anyone get lost like I did in 2006 ? I will save notes until later on. I need to get up early for a damn meeting.

First off, tonight's show was filmed by MTV and VH1 for "future use". Later in the show Jeff joked about the curfew while sliding in the fact that they were being filmed, " We have to go now.....CRIBS is coming up next. " LOL

The show started rather early. 8:10 i think till 10:05. Low finished at about 750 and than some guy from the Pines Theater came to welcome us and Wilco for coming out and said Wilco is gonna be out in a few minutes. This was at 8 o'clock. Complete daylight. It felt strange. My friends and I made it down to Pat and John's side about 7 people deep. Fantastic view.

I think before Jesus, Etc. someone up front gave Jeff and the band headbands with their name on it. Jeff asked why his looked like Olivia Newton John's. I think Glenn kept his on all show. Jeff said he was going to wear his as an ascot. He asked if it made him look rugged.

During the jam at the end of Handshake Drugs someone tried to take a picture with a flash I guess. Jeff mouthed something like " No flash. No Flash. They'll kick you out." Than he shook his head.I thought it was cool he was looking out for people.

During Hummingbird Jeff walked on down to John's part of the stage and serenaded an older gentleman upfront and on camera.

Also, he jumped the stage into the middle of the crowd and got everyone jumping. It was crazy. When he came back Jeff said "I went over to hug people and people looked at me funny like stay away." He also said how surprised he was at how much room the crowd had made for him. "Did you guys think I was going to breakdance or something."

After Hummingbird Jeff went over to his mic stand which had no mic and made off he was saying good night and being grateful. It was priceless.

A bunch of people were throwing glo sticks during Spiders. I didn't watch enough of Bonnaroo to see if that happened there or anywhere else. It looked very nice.

99.9 % accurate setlist

Either Way

You Are My Face

Side With The Seeds

I Am Trying To Break Your Heart

Kamera

Handshake Drugs

A Shot In The Arm

Impossible Germany

Sky Blue Sky

Via Chicago

War On War

Jesus, Etc.

Hate It Here

Walken

I'm The Man Who Loves You

Hummingbird

On And On And On

Poor Places

Spiders ( Kidsmoke )

Heavy Metal Drummer

Outtasite ( Outta Mind )

I'm A Wheel

Thanks,

Kristofor

I got back from this one a little over an hour ago after travelling all the way from Philly (why they passed up the city o' brotherly luv, I can only guess). It was my first show and with the 13 hours in the car (due to many jams on the way) it was still quite worth it! Low was a very good opener, but of course Wilco rocked. I was especially pleased with their inclusion of my fav from Sky Blue Sky - On and On and On, which, if I am correct, is a rarity for the tour? California Stars would have been great, but I truly have no complaints as they seemed quite tight, especially from where I was standing, about 7 people back on the left side of the stage.

During Hummingbird Jeff walked on down to John's part of the stage and serenaded an older gentleman upfront and on camera.

Lou? On the MTV? I love it!

Sounds like a really fun show. Now I wish I would have come up with viatroy.

Great review. Thanks!

okay alright okay alright!!!! :rock :dancing :guitar Fan-fucking-tastic show. I think I was wearing the shit-eating grin til I went to sleep.

Jeff was serenading an older gent (not Lou) who was there last year also with what appeared to be his grandkinds. It was a great multigenerational crew on the front lines -- though the more mature women at the rail (wall actually) chased off a couple scamming teens in no uncertain terms. Reminded me of Kathy Bates in Fried Green Tomatoes when she outgunned the girls for a parking spot -- 'let's face it girls, I'm older and can afford better insurance'. :lol

You people should check out this band -- I think they're on to something. :ike

that was a great show!

After I went 4/4 on guessing the next song, I decided I didn't want to ruin the rest of the set haha. This was by far the best Wilco show I have yet to see.

that was a great show!

After I went 4/4 on guessing the next song, I decided I didn't want to ruin the rest of the set haha. This was by far the best Wilco show I have yet to see.

Haha, Jeff got a kick out of you, that was pretty funny. I had a good time and it was a fun show, very light-hearted atmosphere. I liked when Jeff tried to catch the twizzlers in his mouth :lol "What are you guys throwing? Sizzlers? Twizzlers? Actually throw sizzlers at me, I'm hungry"

Some of the crowd was not so cool though. There were drunk idiots behind me who yelled California Stars at the top of their lungs every .5 seconds, including when Wilco left the stage for encores. They also sang together as a chorus, butchering most of the songs lyrics :huh Pretty lame peeps.

Also, after last year's show I was hoping for a little more adventurous setlist, but with great renditions of You Are My Face, Kamera, Poor Places, Outtasite, Via Chicago (plus I didn't have to hear What Light! wahoo! :P), I shouldn't complain.