Glenn the cover boy!

Linky

The article itself is very nice with a section on his work (current and past) with Wilco as well as solo stuff. Some good pictures of him looking all drummer-like.

Interestingly, he said that he didn't use his usual touring kit to record SBS -- it was "unavailable". He used a hodge-podge of other equipment, including a snare (I think) that he used in 8th grade.

I read the article the other day at my local Barnes and Noble, and then bought it because the article was great.

There also is a good article on Greg Sauinner of Deerhoof too.

The article had a lot of great insights into the way the band constructs songs. For example, I was struck by Glenn downplaying his contributions to "Impossible Germany," citing it as a vehicle for Nels's playing. Granted, the guitars are magnificent on the track, but they certainly aren't the only notable aspect of the tune. I also liked Glenn's exploration of the psychology behind certain songs and how they affect his drumming.

I was listening to an interview with Jancee Dunn recently, and she said that the one way she could get surly, hungover band members to open up was to cozy up to and feign interest in the drummer. All of a sudden, formerly withdrawn singers and guitarists would come running! I don't think she'd have to pretend if she interviewed Glenn. :)

I have not had a chance to get a copy yet. However, I am surprised that they didn't mention the magazine in the email his 'camp' sent out today. They did use one of my brother's photos in the email though, so that's cool. :thumbup