So, this new Thurston Moore CD....

is amazingly good! A surprisingly stong disc. It more than makes up for the blandness of the last Sonic disc. It's mostly acoustic and is a total departure from anything I've heard from Thurston. It's the most interesting Sonic-related material in many moons. Anyone else loving it??

is amazingly good! A surprisingly stong disc. It more than makes up for the blandness of the last Sonic disc. It's mostly acoustic and is a total departure from anything I've heard from Thurston. It's the most interesting Sonic-related material in many moons. Anyone else loving it??

i got this a few days ago and its awesome. definitely uxexpected to come from thurston but a very solid album...but i did like the last sonic youth album a lot

no love for sonic nurse? SN is one of my top 3 SY albums

Sonic Nurse is 100 times better than Rather Ripped.

I would play RR for people that don't like Sonic Youth but for a die-hard fan I found it totally boring. Kim's vocals were the only standout for me. She "sounds" great on that disc.

REALLY like the new one from Thurston. Much more compelling than Rather Ripped, which was...well, rather whipped.

Sonic Nurse is a great album. RR doesn't even come close.

Listening to this now for the first time due to this post. Murray Street is the only Sonic Youth album I've ever been able to get into, to be honest.

EDIT: Wow dudes this is really good.

Yeah this is great, I don't listen to Sonic Youth nearly as much as I should, but I have really been loving this one a lot recently.

--Mike

An interesting older album with Thurston and Nels Cline is Four Guitars....not for the faint of heart, but that goes without saying I guess.

LouieB

that disk is really cool. Also Pillow Wand w/ Thurston and Nels kicks ass.

Trees Outside the Academy is really solid too. I was hoping for some heavier tracks but I wasn't disapointed. I was surprised with all the acoustic guitar on the album. Its better than Psychic Hearts I think. On par with rather ripped which is really good.

oh and the last track, thurston@13 is the most hilarious thing I've heard in a while.