I was supposed to see Nels with Jenny Schiennman last evening in Cambridge, MA and there was a sign saying that he was not playing due to illness. I later found out that he has the chicken pox (which is never a good thing for an adult). Does anyone know if this is true? and if it is, what does this mean for him?

In any case, I wish Nels the best.

Oh, I thought you meant his guitar playing, to which I'd reply, "yeah, he's sick as hell."

Hoping he's feeling better soon.

I got chicken pox as an adult, right after the anti-viral medication started being prescribed for it. (In 1997, I believe.) The anti-viral worked really well, and my chicken pox was much milder than it would have been without the drug. I was feeling much better within a week. So I hope that will be true for Nels, too.

Also, shingles and chicken pox aren't exactly the same thing, despite that they are caused by the same virus. You can get chicken pox as an adult without it being shingles.

Get well soon, Nels!

That's bad news. I hope WilcoCorp has a health plan.

I wonder if Nonesuch/Warner (or other labels) have a group plan that their artists can buy into??

I remember when a bunch of artists I respect did the tribute for Victoria Williams to help offset medical expenses because she was not covered...

With the HC crisis where it is, and as PUBLIC as it is, there should be a major label HC plan, even if it is a co-op.

Sending healing/get well soon vibeage from Kansas, Nels!