Seattle, WA 8/21/07

Soundcheck

Muzzle of Bees

When The Roses...

What Light

IAMTTBYH (Part)

What Light

Ashes of American Flags (Niles did a terrific ending)

War on War (Part)

Show

Sunken Treasure

You Are My Face

IAMTTBYH

Handshake Drugs

Pot Kettle Black

Side With the Seeds

War on War

Shot in The Arm

Sky Blue Sky

Too Far Apart

Impossible Germany

Jesus Etc

Hate It Here

Walken

IMTMWLY

What Light

Airline To Heaven

Hesitating Beauty (with Bill Frissel)

California Stars (with Bill Frissel)

Hummingbird

Misunderstood

Spiders

On Stage approx 7.55 left the stage at 9.55

Might be missing a song in the middle. My third Wilco show: all in Washington. Fantastic show. Though things didn't really take off until Handshake Drugs. For this song and the entire middle show of the show, Nels Cline was on fire. I think posts have mentioned him giving a little extra on this leg of the tour. Exactly. Banter from Jeff was at a minimum. He seemed to really enjoy himself as the show progressed. Encores were amazing. Airline was unexpected and a total treat. Bill Frissel is a Seattle bases modern jazz guitarist intoroduced as a friend of the band. Personal highlights: the harmonies on California Stars and Hummingbird were exquisite. The new songs were great live especially "Hate It Here" and Walken". Wilco haven't played in Washington since 2005 so none of the SBS songs had been played in the state before. The Venue was very pastoral, the crowd a little subdued at time. Lots of people had brought lawn chairs and blankets. The great upshot of this was being able to have beers and chill with friends before getting about 30 feet from the stage just before Wilco came on. Accidentally caught the soundcheck when making sure I knew where the Park was in the afternoon. Was a great bonus to hear "Muzzles", "When the Roses.." and "Ashes" in their entirety. This show felt different from the previous ones I had seen. As a massive music fan, I love the fact that Wilco can go from country-like camp fire songs, to Beatlesque harmonies to atonal Kraut rock jams in the space of three or four songs and never lose their audience for a second. Nels Cline has to be the most amazing guitarist I have seen live. His presence on stage adds so much to the live experience. Alright time for some kip.

Yep missed Via Chicago in the middle.

Was a great version. Didn't care if they played it in advance but thought it was brilliant at the show. Just saw the Vancouver set list. Envious of people who so both shows as what they played last night would have been a great compliment to the songs only performed tonight.

Yes, excellent show. Nels well.. Nels was just on fire. I half expected him to jump around like Pete Townsend. "Sunken Treasure" as an opener was totally unexpected... though I haven't faithfully checked the sets this summer. Hesitating Beauty was also unexpected... Highlights for me tonight was Nels... all Nels. There were also these great moments when the people around me got songs that they wanted to hear. None more than the cute young bohemian girls in front of me. They went apeshit over "Hesitating Beauty" and "California Stars" Great show tonight, good atmosphere, and the moon behind the band made this show top notch. Have to admit that I'll be disappointed if the boys don't come back for another two years....

(fingers crossed for next winter/spring)

Here's a complete setlist for the Marymoor Park show:

Sunken Treasure

You Are My Face

IATTBYH

Handshake Drugs

Pot Kettle Black

War on War

Side With The Seeds

A Shot in the Arm

Impossible Germany

Sky Blue Sky

Too Far Apart

Via Chicago

Jesus, etc.

Hate It Here

Walken

I'm The Man Who Loves You

---------------------------------

What Light

Airline to Heaven

Hesitating Beauty (w/Bill Frisell on elec. guitar)

California Stars (w/Bill Frisell on elec. guitar)

Hummingbird

Misunderstood

Spiders (Kidsmoke)

Here's a complete setlist for the Marymoor Park show:

Sunken Treasure

You Are My Face

IATTBYH

Handshake Drugs

Pot Kettle Black

War on War

Side With The Seeds

A Shot in the Arm

Impossible Germany

Sky Blue Sky

Too Far Apart

Via Chicago

Jesus, etc.

Hate It Here

Walken

I'm The Man Who Loves You

What Light

Airline to Heaven

Hesitating Beauty (w/Bill Frisell on elec. guitar)

California Stars (w/Bill Frisell on elec. guitar)

Hummingbird

Misunderstood

Spiders (Kidsmoke)

Paul it seems like you see ever Wilco show in existance?! How do you do it? How do you get the time off and money to do this if you don't mind me asking! Very curious!

"Sunken Treasure" as an opener was totally unexpected... though I haven't faithfully checked the sets this summer.

(quick check on wilcobase...)

It's one of the standard show openers, and it's been the opener every time they've played it on the SBS tour. God I love wilcobase.

(quick check on wilcobase...)

It's one of the standard show openers, and it's been the opener every time they've played it on the SBS tour. God I love wilcobase.

Thanks! I love Wilcobase too, one of the best archives around.

Awesome show- I just joined the site so I could rave about it. Nels was positively on FIRE tonight- he broke a string early on- Handshake Drugs I think?. And Bill Frisell took it away on the encore... they had a great interplay. The guys came out twice for encores, so that was awesome. Seemed like they all had a good time.

Nels was positively on FIRE tonight- he broke a string early on- Handshake Drugs I think?

I've been meaning to ask something; Nels' Mach 3 speed of sound runs on KT (you can hear it especially on Handshake Drugs) -- is that just really hyper-fast picking, or is he using an effects box??

Thanks x 2, what a wicked clip! I wasn't close enough in Cinci to see it with the naked eye, but I will be in Louisville. :thumbup

^^ Hyper-fast picking. I'll find a video link for you in a sec.

Three clips fresh from youtube. The person who shot Via Chicago and California Stars can't have been far from where I was standing. It's great to see and hear evidence of a wonderful show. I like what Pat has added in Walken. After Via Chicago my g/f asked me "what was that all about" and I could only smile in response:

Via Chicago

Walken / Spiders (excerpt)

California Stars (with Bill Frissel)

and hear's a cool pic I took