Troutdale, OR -- 8/22/07

Since no one has started a thread for tonight's show yet, despite its relatively early conclusion (around 9:35 p.m. or so due to the venue's curfew), I'll start with the setlist:

Either Way

You Are My Face

IATTBYH

Remember The Mountain Bed

Handshake Drugs

Pot Kettle Black

A Shot in the Arm

Side With The Seeds

Shake It Off

War on War

Impossible Germany

Too Far Apart

Jesus, etc.

Walken

I'm The Man Who Loves You

Hummingbird

On and On and On

---------------------------------

Bob Dylan's 49th Beard

The Late Greats

Hate It Here

I'm Always in Love

Outtamind (Outtasite)

---------------------------------

California Stars (w/Scott McCaughey on keyboards and Peter Buck on elec. guitar)

Heavy Metal Drummer

Via Chicago>

Spiders (Kidsmoke)

what an amazing show. this was my first wilco show and i was blown away. i went to the concert looking at some previous setlists hoping to see remember the mountain bed, but i didn't expect it at all. when jeff played the opening notes, i thought i was going to die of pure joy. my favorite part was when he asked us if we were high yet. gotta love oregon. what an AMAZING show! and what was with that girl that slowly walked up on stage during spiders?

amazing!

Sweet Peter Buck on California Stars

That's a nifty new exclamation to try out. I think I'll try using it instead of "holy crap," etc.

I'm happy to see that Too Far Apart is getting some regular play, and hooray for Bob Dylan's Beard. Did anyone catch the Minus 5 later on?

Sweet Peter Buck on California Stars

That's a nifty new exclamation to try out. I think I'll try using it instead of "holy crap," etc.

Hee!

and what was with that girl that slowly walked up on stage during spiders?

Trish? :huh

Wow! Having been to the Seattle show and now having seen the setlists for Oregon and Vancouver, how I wish I could have gone to all three shows. Has there been a better trio of setlists on the SBS tour? Too Far Apart, Either Way, Red Eyed and Blue, I Got You, Monday, Remember the Mountain Bed, Hesitating Beauty and Airline to Heaven and guest appearances from Bill Frissel, Scott M, and Peter Buck. I'd be interested to hear in opinions from anyone who went to all the shows.

How was Salumi, UP?

OH. MY. GOD.

We got there about 10:45 behind about a dozen people, but many of them ordered takeout, so we got a table in the restaurant. I had the Salumi Salami and the caprese, which were so good that I didn't eat for the rest of the day. Paul got the pork cheeks (Kris!). On any other trip, Salumi would be *the* highlight, but still, it was a nice pit stop on the road to Portland.

I also want to mention that there was a VC babies supersummit on the hill at McMenamins, where Sandoz's little ones (Miles and Ruby) met Dreamin' Judy's bambino (Hannah). We hear toys were shared and that the cuteness quotient topped the charts. Ahhhh!

Little Miles went pee in the Wilco tour bus "potty". Not many 2 year olds can brag about that. Good job for a kid who has only been toilet trained for about 3 weeks. :monkey

Great show, by the way. The venue really was great and I was reminded once again how much I love Wilco and how much this music means to me. I feel rejuvenated! Unfortunately I didn't catch the Minus 5 show, due to a fussy 7 week old.

Yes--great show! And the tape came out real nice!

Here's what I posted in another forum about getting a copy:

Anyway, unless you are the guy who was complaining about my mic stand being in your way (the thing is half an inch wide for chrissakes?!?!) I'm happy to hook you up. We had a little trouble with two of the rigs, but my Nakamichi CM300 source sounds pretty nice. I'll probably post it up on dime once I get some time to track it out. Give me at least a week.

Anyway, unless you are the guy who was complaining about my mic stand being in your way (the thing is half an inch wide for chrissakes?!?!) I'm happy to hook you up. We had a little trouble with two of the rigs, but my Nakamichi CM300 source sounds pretty nice. I'll probably post it up on dime once I get some time to track it out. Give me at least a week.

If you were the person in front of the scaffolding, then you were about 20 feet off to my right at the show. I almost walked over to a few times to ask if I could obtain a copy...I'm glad to see you here on the boards! This was my first Wilco show and I can honestly say that in over 25 years of seeing concerts, this ranks up there in the top five I have _ever_ seen. It was such an amazing experience and the crowd was really into it. Every song sounded great. I personally only missed hearing two songs that were not in the set list (Sunken Treasure and Thanks I get) but I really have no complaints about the set. Seeing the Minus 5 join them (while not unexpected) was still really cool. Did anyone catch the Minus 5 show afterwards? I got paged for work so I couldn't but I'm guessing that before the night was through, Wilco may have joined them on stage.

Man, what a show. :thumbup

Many thanks. I've seen Wilco several times here in Portland and this is the best show by them I've been to. And Edgefield is such a great venue. I'll be checking dime.

What a wonderful show, great sound, great weather, everything was perfect! I really enjoyed hearing Pot Kettle Black live for the first time. They did a masteful job arranging it. :worship

I did go see The Minus 5 afterwards. They played up the hill in a hall usually reserved for wedding receptions, the stage was really small but they sounded great. They went onstage at about 11ish, and I was able to get my wife to stay for about 45 mins before she dragged me out, muttering about having work early and still needing to drive clear over to Beaverton to get to her bed!

I'm not a mega Minus 5 fan (not familiar with anything before Let The War Against Music Begin), but they were their usual fun selves. Scott was great with the banter between songs (complementing himself on his exceptional songwriting, commenting on the state of his dented PBR can, etc) It was a kick to see a guy like Peter Buck, one of the key members of one of the most important bands of the last twenty years, playing to such a small crowd in such a weird venue.

Of the songs I knew they played:

You Dont' Mean It

Ghost Tarts Of Stockholm (awesome!)

With A Gun

Days Of Wine And Booze

I'm Not Bitter

I Still Miss Someone (J. Cash cover)

The Night Chicago Died Again

and a bunch more.

I did not see any Wilco members on the stage at any point (there wasn't much room for anyone else from what I could see). Maybe it was past their bedtime :shifty