Dylan's Chronicles

Just finished this book and loved it. I like he leaves it up to you to figure out time periods and what stages of his career he's talking about. Obviously you can tell when he's talking about Greenwich, but when he's changing his voice, etc. Anyone know if and when Volume two is to be expected? Cheers.

loved it too.. i always thought a lot of the stuff had to be made up. for example, remembering the colour of cutrains 45 years ago, having a coffee at some obscure time and things like that

hope volume 2 comes around eventually

and you know what? i didn't care one bit! i was so enthralled. i'm going to read it again i think .

I believe there's a Wilco mention in Chronicles.

This is correct. He talks about trying to get to Woody's house to get his unfinished songs, but Woody's wife wasn't home. He mentions that years later Wilco and Billy Bragg compose lyrics to these songs. He also remarks that he tried getting those lyrics before most of the band was even born.

loved it too.. i always thought a lot of the stuff had to be made up. for example, remembering the colour of cutrains 45 years ago, having a coffee at some obscure time and things like that

hope volume 2 comes around eventually

It's really more of a novelistic memoir. Good stuff.

went to the bookstore a few weeks ago to buy this and walked out with the Strummer biography instead. So this may be next.

I just bought, and finished, the Strummer bio. It was a great read. Very insightful and very revealing. It put me on a big Mescaleros kick!

It's really more of a novelistic memoir. Good stuff.

That's a likely explanation, but there are others. (this topic fascinated me as well) For one thing, Dylan was doing a lot of mind expanding drugs at the time. It's possible that he fixated on some things and retained the memories of them. Also, there was a point when Dylan became self-aware, or, aware of the 'greatness' of what he was doing. It wouldn't surprise me if he at some point started jotting notes of things down for a future book. Another possibility is that he used some situations in penning songs that never saw the light of day, but which he kept in a trunk somewhere. As ever, the mystery with Bob is a big part of it, and we really don't wanna spoil that by knowing the mundane details, do we? ;)

Another possibility is that he used some situations in penning songs that never saw the light of day, but which he kept in a trunk somewhere.
Looks like another opportunity for Wilco and Billy Bragg.....

LouieB