the soccer thread

To me, the only thing that can explain the Qatar decision is massive corruption of the FIFA Executive Committee, half of whom probably won't even be alive in 2022, but they're all likely to be buying new yachts soon.

Qatar has a population of 1.7 million and is smaller in land area that Connecticut. Oh, and it's over 100 degrees there much of the time. How is this a good idea?

(Yes, I'm bitter that the U.S. lost ... but at least if Australia had been awarded the '22 Cup I would have been able to understand.)

• 13 years later...
  • Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dusting off this ancient thread for some exciting news from Germany: https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11891/13113740/xabi-alonso-leads-bayer-leverkusen-to-first-bundesliga-title  

Posted Images

I have Englishman friend who has been trying to get me into football for the last 13 years -- I finally picked at Premier League team, before the beginning of last year and settled on Arsenal ---- I picked them mostly because it is Mick Jagger's favorite team. 

It is has been a blast following the league. I love the structure of the league. Bottom three get regulated and such -- wish USA sports had the same system - it will help to ensure teams making sure they put a decent enough team together to compete.  

My buddy is Manchester United fan -- it has been a blast watching Arsenal-United matches.  In my village, we have about another four  English transplants -- (Liverpool/Villa/City/United/Arsenal/Newcastle) are all represented. Makes for a fun day at the pub when one of the teams is playing. 

I have Englishman friend who has been trying to get me into football for the last 13 years -- I finally picked at Premier League team, before the beginning of last year and settled on Arsenal ---- I picked them mostly because it is Mick Jagger's favorite team. 

It is has been a blast following the league. I love the structure of the league. Bottom three get regulated and such -- wish USA sports had the same system - it will help to ensure teams making sure they put a decent enough team together to compete.  

My buddy is Manchester United fan -- it has been a blast watching Arsenal-United matches.  In my village, we have about another four  English transplants -- (Liverpool/Villa/City/United/Arsenal/Newcastle) are all represented. Makes for a fun day at the pub when one of the teams is playing. 

Very much agree on the relegation point. It would be really exciting to see things shake up. Not that the USL has it, but it is why I am not following MLS more closely as they appear to be more interested in maintaining NFL-style dominance. 

There's a fair few Arsenal supporters where I live in the Northeast - not to mention a whole vegetarian pub named after the team!