Mikael Jorgensen has a band?

I stumbled across a band called Pronto on MySpace and judging from some of the photos, Mike appears to front the band.

I think their songs are pretty darn good and he has a great voice (particularly on "Good Friends Have Gone")

Pronto

Anyone else listened to this or seen them live? Do they have a CD I can buy?

Yea, I know, but maybe he can be talked into a Hideout gig over the winter break.

LouieB

he did two shows at the Hideout awhile back. either last year or the year before. one was solo and the other was with his band, they opened for Devin Davis.

EDIT:

ok, it was November 2005 here's a thread about it

Edited by Aricandover
...and what's the deal with him being pretty much the largest contributor to The Wilco Book despite being the newest member at that point?

I'd guess that it has something to do with him being more talented than people give him credit for, and that the band had faith in his skills.

...and what's the deal with him being pretty much the largest contributor to The Wilco Book despite being the newest member at that point?

He engineered and played on (not to mention one or two writing credits as wel) A Ghost Is Born so I imagine he had a lot to say.