Saw the show last night, he's super cool, really funny, and entertaining, it was a great time. I believe he's doing a free show in NYC at the World Trade Center site tonight. Ron Sexsmith was pretty great too, not quite the classy show man that Nick Lowe is, reminded me of Jackson Browne in a good way.

I waited to long and blew my chance to see him here at The Ark, which would be a great place to do so. :ohwell

I've seen Ron Sexsmith twice and he's been great both times.

Man. I'm really kicking myself for not having bought tickets.

I've seen Ron Sexsmith a few times. What a fantastic songwriter, he makes it seem so easy. I love Nick but haven't ever seen him live yet. Glad to hear he puts on a good show.

"The Basher Back At The BBC"

In the first disc Mr. Lowe performs an intimate session for BBC Four from LSO St Luke's, London, June 7th, 2007. He's accompanied by a specially assembled band including long-time cohorts Robert Treherne on drums and Geraint Watkins on keys, as well as a horns section featuring legendary bandleader and trombonist Chris Barber.

The set features songs from his latest album, At My Age, and a veritable "best of" from across his long career, including hit songs Cruel To Be Kind; I Knew The Bride (When She Used To Rock 'n' Roll); Beast In Me, which he wrote for Johnny Cash; the anthemic What's So Funny 'Bout Peace, Love And Understanding

"The Basher Back At The BBC"

In the first disc Mr. Lowe performs an intimate session for BBC Four from LSO St Luke's, London, June 7th, 2007. He's accompanied by a specially assembled band including long-time cohorts Robert Treherne on drums and Geraint Watkins on keys, as well as a horns section featuring legendary bandleader and trombonist Chris Barber.

The set features songs from his latest album, At My Age, and a veritable "best of" from across his long career, including hit songs Cruel To Be Kind; I Knew The Bride (When She Used To Rock 'n' Roll); Beast In Me, which he wrote for Johnny Cash; the anthemic What's So Funny 'Bout Peace, Love And Understanding

• 2 weeks later...

Loved the show when i saw it here in Ann Arbor. and as much as i love Ron Sexsmith, all of his stuff kind of blended together live. maybe he's better with a band, but all of his songs are in the same tempo and his melodies started to all sound the same. with that said, i still loved ron's set and he was even brought out for an encore. nick lowe was incredible though, and i wasn't really a fan before that night.

• 4 months later...

new tour dates

04.09.2008 The Grand Ballroom New York

04.11.2008 El Rey Theatre Los Angeles

04.12.2008 The Fillmore San Francisco

04.15.2008 Boulder Theatre Boulder

04.17.2008 Sons of Hermann Hall Dallas

04.18.2008 Antone's Austin

04.21.2008 The Belcourt Nashville

04.22.2008 Variety Playhouse Atlanta

04.23.2008 ArtsCenter Carrboro

04.25.2008 Satellite Lounge Charlottesville

04.26.2008 Ram's Head Tavern Annapolis

04.27.2008 Byham Theater Pittsburgh

04.30.2008 The Linda Albany

05.01.2008 Calvin Theatre Northampton

Nick Lowe was on Jimmy Kimmel Live the other night... Performed I Trained Her To Love Me and PL & U.

Caught the YouTube capture, and I gotta say -- that's a good-looking backing band. :wub

04.09.2008 The Grand Ballroom New York

04.11.2008 El Rey Theatre Los Angeles

04.12.2008 The Fillmore San Francisco

It's bad enough that I can't make these dates, but then I have to discover they're with Robyn Hitchcock. :frusty