The Quasi-Official NHL Thread

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Downie's been sent to the AHL. No surprise there, note to incoming rookies: don't get suspended...

It seemed like he was borderline to make the cut anyhow. Apparently theyre going to "call him up" when their farm team has days off so he can tick off the suspension a few games at a time.

edit: now the AHL's suspended him for a month.

I love how ESPN always makes the cute pop music references while not having any idea what their talking about

Yeah, I kind of gave up on SportsCenter after the billionth Tenacious D reference. Oy.

hello out there, we're on the air, it's hockey night tonight!

tension grows, the whistle blows and the puck goes down the ice!

the goalie jumps and the players bump and the fans all go insane!

someone roars, "bobby scores!" at the good ole hockey game!

oh the good ole hockey game is the best game you can name!

and the best game you can name is the good ole hockey game!

I don't have cable :(

which means the only Bruins games I gonna see are gonna be the ones I go to, or the ones I happen to turn on at my girlfriend's place. Oh well, I still got radio.

• 3 weeks later...

hey yeah bruins 7-5. Kessel and the Boys have some pressure in town since Patriots and Celtics have good chance of all winning championships. If Bruins make playoffs, fans will be happy. if bruins win Lord Stanley's Cup, would that be a bigger party than Sox, Celts, or Pats?? probably not...

Let's go, Rangers!

• 2 weeks later...

We're a month into the season and the mighty mighty BJ's are still threatening to contend for the playoffs.

I expect the rest of Columbus will start hopping on the bandwagon once football season is over and word begins to spread that, hey, you know that team that plays that sport with the ice and the sticks in that big building downtown next to all the bars--they're actually winning once in a while this year! Woo! :usa :beer

• 2 weeks later...