Car commercial tune

I don't know that one, but I keep seeing some Volvo ad that I believe has Stephin Merritt (Magnetic Fields) doing "The Wheels on the Car." It seems like everyone's doing car ads these days.

Not the VW ones, I already know who that band is

I believe its for Honda, sounds like it's Jeff Lynne, definitley Wilburys sounding anyway, anybody know what I'm talking about? and who it is? keep just catching the end of it, and like the tune.

Yeah, pretty sure it's ELO...."Gimmie Gimmie...." something or other. Never been a fan.

I don't know that one, but I keep seeing some Volvo ad that I believe has Stephin Merritt (Magnetic Fields) doing "The Wheels on the Car." It seems like everyone's doing car ads these days.

There is a cat food comercial that uses a Magnetic Fields song too, I believe, "I think I need a New Heart"

the one that threw me the most was hearing Malkmus (Phantasies) being used for some sort of Washer and Dryer sale at Sears a few years ago.

"Banking on a Myth" as I recall. I think a hotel guy was going to drop some spinning plates or something....

:thumbup Yup, the plate guy is one of them! There are a few others that go along with it, all with folks performing circus acrobatic type stuff at Residence Inn.

A few weeks back I saw some Pontiac G6 ad that had some music that sounded familiar. I couldn't quite figure out who it was until I saw Peter, Bjorn & John perform "Objects of My Affection" on some talk show the other night. I've also recently seen some ad with Cat Power singing a Cat Stevens song, also an iPod ad that uses a Feist video (it seems to be on all the time and now I can't get that "1...2...3...4..." song out of my head.)

A few weeks back I saw some Pontiac G6 ad that had some music that sounded familiar. I couldn't quite figure out who it was until I saw Peter, Bjorn & John perform "Objects of My Affection" on some talk show the other night. I've also recently seen some ad with Cat Power singing a Cat Stevens song, also an iPod ad that uses a Feist video (it seems to be on all the time and now I can't get that "1...2...3...4..." song out of my head.)

The Cat Power / Cat Stevens song might be "How Can I Tell You". It was featured prominently around Christmastime, but I've started to see another commercial which uses the same song.

Here's the commercial courtesy of youtube.

cheers,

b.s.

ELO's "Do Ya," has been in a commercial or two over the years, as well asbeing covered by Ace Frehley in the late 80's.