X Degrees of seperation from Wilco

Nels Cline and Dave Grohl are both on the tune "Big Train" from Mike Watt's Ball-Hog or Tugboat ?

So thats Wilco to Nirvana in ZERO degrees of seperation . . . wait, whats the rules ? . . . can Kevin Bacon or members of his family play this game ? . . . and when did cow punk really start ? . . .

A friend of mine is friends with Nels.

me to jeff tweedy :)

jeff plays in golden smog with fil krohnengold

fil krohnengold plays with ian ball (from gomez)

ian ball and i are loosely acquainted (one of my good friends his is tour manager and we've hung out a few times)

sooo close!

or another avenue

jeff plays in golden smog with kraig jarret johnson

kraig jarret johnson plays in the lonely astronauts with joseph arthur

joseph arthur and i had multiple serendipitous encounters last weekend :lol

Jeff Tweedy is in Wilco with Nels Cline. Nels Cline played wanky guitar in something with Mike Watt. Mike Watt dated (maybe was married? I dunno) Kira, who played in Black Flag with Henry Rollins. Henry Rollins growled on a live Misfits record with Glenn Danzig, who was in Samhain with Steve Zing.

Next.

You could actually cut out the Kira link all together if you want to tighten it up (although yeah, Watt was married to Kira, and still plays with her in Dos). Henry Rollins sang on "Sexual Military Dynamics", on Mike Watt's Ball-Hog or Tug Boat? album.

Wilco to britney spears

Britney Spears played with Aerosmith at the superbowl. Aerosmith was in wayne's world 2. Mike meyers starred on SNL with chris farley. Chris Farley interviwed Paul McCartney on SNL. Paul McCartney played with george harrison in the beatles (duh) who was in the Travelling Wilburys. Tom Petty was in the Travelling Willburys and has played live a few times with Roger Mcguinn of the Byrds. Roger Mcguinn played 8 miles high with Wilco on some VH1 thing in the 90's!

ZIING!!!!

..played live a few times with Roger Mcguinn of the Byrds. Roger Mcguinn played 8 miles high with Wilco on some VH1 thing in the 90

Speaking of 'Roger Wilco'... I came accross this 2006 interview with Mcguinn yesterday, he made several very generous comments about Wilco and Jeff.

I think Wilco is going to definitely stand the test of time -- no question -- and Uncle Tupleo, and the whole No Depression scene, which is now alt-country. I think that's going to be around a long time.

http://www.popmatters.com/music/interviews...er-060731.shtml

Wilco to britney spears

Britney Spears played with Aerosmith at the superbowl. Aerosmith was in wayne's world 2. Mike meyers starred on SNL with chris farley. Chris Farley interviwed Paul McCartney on SNL. Paul McCartney played with george harrison in the beatles (duh) who was in the Travelling Wilburys. Tom Petty was in the Travelling Willburys and has played live a few times with Roger Mcguinn of the Byrds. Roger Mcguinn played 8 miles high with Wilco on some VH1 thing in the 90's!

ZIING!!!!

:thumbup

Wilco and Radiohead connecting? Hmm, Radiohead opened for REM earlier in their career. Wilco Opened for REM early on in their career. Connected.

even easier....

Wilco opened up for REM 08/29/03 in Vancouver (Radiohead played the next night). Michael Stipe is best friends with Thom Yorke (watch the documentary 'Meeting People Is Easy'). Thom Yorke plays in a little band called Radiohead.

8b67_1.JPG

Wilco to britney spears

ZIING!!!!

well played!... I think the Traveling Wilbury's are a cornerstone must in degrees of separation

Alright, I'll give myself a whirl.

I play bass in the Burning Dirty Band. Our producer is Steve West, formerly of Pavement. Pavement was on the I Shot Andy Warhol soundtrack along with Wilco.

That was quicker than anticipated...

Me to Jeff/ Wilco. I bumped into Dave Pirner outside a club, (I said excuse me, he said it's all right) Dave stole some of Jeff/Wilco's pizza at a gig (as documented on IATTBYH).

Jeff is/was a member of Golden Smog with Gary Louris of the Jayhawks.

Mark Olsen of the Jayhawks is married to Victoria Williams.

Lou Reed recorded Victoria Williams' song "Tarbelly & Featherfoot" for the Sweet Relief CD which raised money for Victoria's medical treatments.

And Victoria Williams opened for M. Ward last year, so there's another.

Six Degrees

Wilco to me two ways...

1) Went to school with Jay Bennett, even had his mom for a teacher in elementary school.

2) A good freidn used to be on Jeff's soccer team. Once gave him a huckleberry hound figure. They lost touch a bit when my buddy ended up going to Althoff (sp?) & Jeff went to the public school.