Jeff needs to do a solo studio album.

You really don't have it? I'll PM a link if you need it.

PM please please?

Well, it wouldn't be a bad thing to have a Jeff solo record, but honestly the way the new lineup can play virtually any song thrown at them and make it better (we can make it better!) in pretty much every conceivable way, makes a solo project rather...unnecessary to me.

Sure, you could say you can pull a bunch of other people into something, but seriously, to not use Nels and Glenn and everyone else in the band is a damn waste of pure firepower and talent - there is something that disappears on solo records, the sense of cohesiveness that a band has when they record as a band.

I thought Sunken Treasure: Live in the Pacific Northwest made for an awesome live CD from Jeff. All I had to do

was download the songs onto my iPod.

But yeah, I would definitely welcome a solo cd is he had time around Wilco and his family. I'm sure there is a boatload

of material he could play.

Thom Yorke did one. And now Radiohead is coming out with a new record. They seem to be okay.

Of course that hinges on Radiohead being okay to begin with. They weren't.

I think Wilco has been through enough lineup changes, problems, and internal disputes that Jeff doing a solo album really wouldn't change anything.

Nels, Glenn, Pat and John all have their own thing. If Jeff wanted to do something on his own, I'm sure none them would have a problem with it. They would probably encourage him, if anything.