Jeff needs to do a solo studio album.

yah, another vote here. a solo studio album by jeff would be fantastic. i'm always trying to put some together myself, but the noise of talkers and "yow-ers" gets really old by the fifth listen, and sometimes by the first.

some would consider Wilco a jeff tweedy solo project, you know with him changing band members all the time and everything. I am not complaing just stating a theory, and kind of agreeing with some previous statements. I would like to hear the solo stuff without the hoots and yells as well.

Guest Left Arm Tan
I'm gonna throw this out there:

I would be more than willing to assemble the backing band for Tweedy's solo record one day lol.

oh, the hell yeah, me too. if he needs a fairly shitty rhythm guitarist, i hope he chooses me.

Would this solo album include fun banter? Some of my fav moments when listening to the solo stuff are the Comedian Jeff moments. Gets me all looking like a nut laughing out loud in traffic and I'm the only one in the car. :lol

Well if everyone would shut the F#*k up at the shows when he played solo we would! :ermm

No kidding. I went to one of his solo shows where he bitched at the audience twice for talking so much. Still a great show, but it would have been way better without the talking. And especially without the girl next to my shrieking in my ear.

Would love a solo studio album if it was just Jeff and a guitar like the solo shows.

Thom Yorke did one. And now Radiohead is coming out with a new record. They seem to be okay.

i didn't say it ends bands, but often times it does ruin bands. DMB hasn't been the same since dave put out Some Devil, phish really lost a step when they did their solo thing. i'm really not expecting much out of this new radiohead.

I'd rather him put the work into another wilco album. I mean since I'd rather have 6 great musicians on an album than just one.

well there's no telling who jeff might play with on a solo album. there ARE better musicians out there than those in wilco. but i just don't want to hear it right now. this current line-up is sounding great, no reason to set that aside now.

better musicians? technically, yes. But better chemistry?

Yes.

Honestly it'd be cool to hear Tweedy do an album with input / singing from someone distinctive who is an artist on their own. Or if someone like that were to do some significant collaboration on a Wilco album. What I am thinking is like the Steve Earle song "You're Still Standing There" where Lucinda Williams sings one verse solo, and they both sing the choruses. It's almost weird how little Wilco has had other musicians on their albums, but I'm sure you folks will straighten me out with some crazy track from Being There with a guitar part played by Elvis Costello or something.