Wilco in Minneapolis

Here are the songs they played at the Northrop (don't remember most of the order):

Sunken Treasure (first)

You Are My Face (second)

Too Far Apart

Outtasite (Outta Mind)

Forget the Flowers (encore)

Red Eyed and Blue (encore)

I Got You

A Shot In The Arm

IATTBYH

War On War

Jesus Etc.

Heavy Metal Drummer

ITMWLY

Pot Kettle Black

Spiders (Kidsmoke) (encore, last song)

Hummingbird

Handshake Drugs

Impossible Germany

Sky Blue Sky

Side With The Seeds

Hate It Here

Walken

California Stars (w/ Gary Louris of the Jayhawks on lead guitar, encore)

Only 1 encore, but a long one.

in order:

Andrew Bird:

Intro->Imitosis

Fiery Crash

Nervous Tic

Plasticities

Scythian Empire

Dark Matter

Wilco:

Sunken Treasure

You Are My Face

Side With The Seeds

I Am Trying To Break Your Heart

Pot, Kettle, Black,

War on War

Handshake Drugs

Impossible Germany

Sky Blue Sky

Too Far Apart

Jesus, etc.

Hate It Here

Walken

I'm The Man Who Loves You

Hummingbird

Shot In The Arm

Encore:

Red Eyed and Blue->I Got You

Outtasite (Outta Mind)

Forget The Flowers

California Stars (w/ Gary Louris on lead)

Heavy Metal Drummer

Spiders

great show. not quite as great as Duluth, but still awesome.

the show was:

66700-xxs.jpg

This was my seventh Wilco show and by far the best. I was a huge fan walking into Northrop, and now I'm not sure what I'm going to do because I didn't know I could like them even more.

Northrop rocked (well, it was OKAY). It's been a long time since I remember the band outwardly having that much fun with each other and with the audience. Such a great give-and-take between performer and crowd tonight. I would be curious to see a printed setlist because it seemed like they were having quite a few discussions between songs as the night went on - every moment just got better and better. The sound in there was perfect. The banter was hilarious. I've never seen Nels bow in appreciation of his fans that many times in one night, Pat was off in la-la land (in a good way) and when Kotche stood up and hailed the balcony before rocking out on -what was it?- I'm The Man Who Loves You? Did I mention the banter?

Supersweet. My only question is - why does every venue I go to seem to have strict curfew? Can't we just keep rocking?

Can't wait for a recording. Would really appreciate a PM as soon as it's available, but I'll try to check all the proper places.

Sounds like a great show! :cheers

I was just listening to some Golden Smog yesterday and thinking how nice it would be to see JT and Gary together again--but I was thinking it would maybe happen when Gary tours solo and goes through Chicago. I hadn't thought of the NOrthrup show! Lucky, lucky you guys. :rock

Oh, and GREAT pics!

That one of Glenn is spectacular. :worship I can see certain future drummers here :shifty finding much inspiration from that shot alone. :rock :)

Sounds like a great show. Thanks too for including AB's setlist, solace! Can't wait for Saturday. :yes

That one of Glenn is spectacular. :worship I can see certain future drummers here :shifty finding much inspiration from that shot alone. :rock :)

Sounds like a great show. Thanks too for including AB's setlist, solace! Can't wait for Saturday. :yes

:lol I already emailed the link to her. Looks like he got a hair cut?

Thanks for the great reviews and pics!

Can't wait for a recording. Would really appreciate a PM as soon as it's available, but I'll try to check all the proper places.
Did you see any tapers? I'm new to this with these guys and was kind of hoping I'd be able to find a recording.

Either way, can someone post here when something is available? Great time last night. 7th row center was perfect. :)

Wilco was fuckin' tight last night! The OK sign was me. lol

So throughout the first five songs or so I kept raising my hand and throwing the OK sign with my hand. Jeff Tweedy kept lookin' up at me during the songs.

Before Jeff and the band went into 'Hate It Here', Jeff stops and says, 'I gotta ask, what does this me (he throws the OK sign), is this some kind of gang sign?' The crowd is silent and of course I was the one he saw throwin' it so I answer, 'You're okay'. He laughs a little and says, 'Thanks...?' The crowd laughs.

Later on in the show after a song he says to the crowd. 'You guys are okay'. Everyone throws the OK sign at this point and cheers.

So in the middle of the last song or so I throw the ol' OK sign again and in the middle of jamming he throws it back at me.

I have to say, I'm pretty much a tool for doing that. I'm surprised he could even see me although we were seven rows back from the stage. But the fact that he acknowledged me out of the sold out crowded Northrop was pretty cool. Yes, I'm a tool. lol

Thanks for getting them in order, Solace. Too many brews at the Kitty Kat Club before the show.

The "OK" hand gesture was a classic!

"What is that? A gang symbol?"

Glenn's hair is still super long, it's all pulled back (from sweat) in that photo

also, there were at least 2 tapers, patience ;)

the OK thing, while goofy/funnyweird at the time initially, ended up being a pretty memorable part of the show, so don't regret it ;)

I think Glenn is sporting the Rhett Miller look these days. Open shirt, long sweaty hair. Great show, not quite up to Duluth standards but closer than I expected them to get. BTW, so glad people finally stood during IATTBYH. There was no energy in the room prior to that point. And plus, "Its a fucking rock show."

Here's one more pic. Didn't turn out to well...

Here are two pics from last night that my buddy took without a flash. They're not that good but whatev.

Last night's show blew the Duluth show out of the fuckin' water!

Northrops_TW_10.10.07.JPG

Three of my friends made this their first Wilco show. They met and got their picture taken with one Jeff Tweedy. I have seen Wilco four times (including MPLS 3 years ago) and have yet to meet the elusive songwriter. So, I'm pretty jealous.

Three of my friends made this their first Wilco show. They met and got their picture taken with one Jeff Tweedy. I have seen Wilco four times (including MPLS 3 years ago) and have yet to meet the elusive songwriter. So, I'm pretty jealous.

He's not very elusive, but ok.

I think Glenn is sporting the Rhett Miller look these days. Open shirt, long sweaty hair. Great show, not quite up to Duluth standards but closer than I expected them to get. BTW, so glad people finally stood during IATTBYH. There was no energy in the room prior to that point. And plus, "Its a fucking rock show."

Sitting down? What? Were y'all too drunk and stoned to stand?

I've seen them 3 times in 4 months, 5 total, and every show gets better. I don't understand how they can be so amazing every time! Please let me know when the show is available. I am also looking for the Duluth show at the DECC on July 2nd 2006, Thomas Wolfe Auditorium on September 24th, 2005, and Duluth at Bayfront on September 4th, 2007.

THANK YOU ALL!