Dream Opening Act

If you could have one band/artist open up for Wilco, who would it be? This should be realistic, so saying something like the Rolling Stones isn't really appropriate.

Mine would definitely be Grant Lee Phillips. The would really compliment each other.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Josh Ritter would be fantastic. The National and Ron Sexsmith would awesome as well. There's lots of bands that would be great, My Morning Jacket opening again would be crazy.

Wow, I never realized that MMJ opened up for Wilco. I would give my left round thing to see that show. I might have to change my answer as I have already seen Grant Lee Phillips play when he was with Grant Lee Buffalo. They opened up for the Cranberries. I only went to see GLB. They were my favorite band at the time (I hadn't yet heard of Wilco). Also, am I the only person in the world who hasn't heard of Andrew Bird before. After I saw that he was opening up for Wilco this Wed. in Detroit I checked out some of his stuff on line and it's pretty good. He reminds me of a stripped down version of Arcade Fire or maybe Sufjan Stevens.

For Wilco: Banyan (Nels would sit in), Todd Snider & The Nervous Wrecks, The Avett Brothers, Old Crow Medicine Show.

For Tweedy: Todd Snider, Tony Furtado, Curt Kirkwood, That 1 Guy.

Absolutely... I like the Snider, Avett Brothers suggestions in particular.

I think Marah would be an absolute home run as an opener. Those guys have way too small a fanbase with their talent level.

Glem Snide

Robyn Hitchcock

Old '97

Roy Loney(Wonder any of you guys know who's him?)

Band of Horses

Any Byrds(Rickenbacker)related

Marah :thumbup (most straight forwarted R&R band since the Georgia Satellites) opening for Wilco sounds to me like the J.Geils

Band opening for Marianne Faithfull

Jeff 15 min solo>Wilco>Arcade Fire>After Party