Recent SoCal Fires

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=...&id=5719542

Sucks that someone started all of this on purpose. Lots of smoke and ash at my home. They even closed down my freeway exits as well.

1682643536_199f8166b2.jpg

1687692516_328e61a6f7.jpg

1684752430_d961946328.jpg

I clear local firefighters for work too. Vibes to them. Hopefully they are keeping safe and using their equipment properly.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the fire in my hometown (san marcos) has been fully contained so my parents are fine for now... but so many others are not.

the numbers of evacuated are astounding... I can't imagine where 300,000 people flee to.

having had to evacuate once for a fire close to my home in 96 or 97, i can say that it is truly surreal... you never think a fire will just plow through your town. that night back then over 100 homes were lost... preliminary numbers from these fires are over 1000 already.

The fires in San Diego are insanely bad- supposedly worse than the 2003 fires that rained ash on the county for days.

I was just thinking of those fires this morning. This weekend's Bridge School Benefit reminded me of when you came up to SF that weekend for the concert, and we were all so worried when we didn't hear from you right away! Those Santa Ana winds are a major worry with our prolonged summer. I hope everyone makes it out safely. :(

Sending out lots of good vibeage to all our SoCal VCers and their loved ones. :( Take good care folks!

Hope all of our SoCal VCers are doing ok... vibes to all of you for a quick and damage-free end to all of this.

Yeah, seriously. Here's hoping everyone and their loved ones make it through this safe and sound.

heard from a friend today that UCSD has more or less been shut down, midterms cancelled, etc. she is on her way to UCLA tonight for the rest of the week i think... im supposed to go to San Diego for a sailing regatta this weekend, not sure whats happening with that...last i heard we were still on because the fires are all further inland, but who knows. this is crazy

The smoke was so bad here on Sunday that it was night-dark by 2pm. Yesterday was a little better (smoke-wise) and today even better, but the winds are still blowing and HOT!

Did help raise a semi-full of bottled water for the firefighters, though, so good deed for the day. Just wish we didn't need a natural disaster to bring the community together like this; and everyone who is affected please stay safe.

This has been a strange week. My brother and his family & my best friend and his family were both evacuated from their homes in North San Diego County, a friend of mine in North LA County had fire threaten her home, and my hometown (Irvine) was threatened. Luckily, none of the people close to me suffered losses but I feel pain for those who have. It really makes me sick to see how careless people can be. On my drive back to Orange County from San Diego sunday night, I witnessed cigarettes being tossed out the window by motorists on 2 separate occasions around the Camp Pendleton area. How fucking stupid can you be?! It makes me wonder how many of these fires were set "accidentally" by morons like these.

On Sunday from Venice, I went outside on the beach first thing in the morning and could see it all in Malibu. Yesterday, for the first part of the day it felt like sunset all day, the haze/smog/who knows what else, orange glow, sun barely peeking through, creepy.