Movies you have walked out of...

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last Man Standing. And although we didn't actually walk out of Crank, the first thing my husband said to me when the lights came on was "Sorry."

I also would have walked out of The Village if one of our friends wasn't mildly enjoying it. When the lights came up on that one I said "Well that stunk" (I thought quietly) and the 10 or so people in the theater applauded me.

I don't think I've ever walked out of a movie, but I only go to two or three a year (if that) anyway. It's rare that something comes out and I think "I need to see that in the theater."

Guest Left Arm Tan
although we didn't actually walk out of Crank, the first thing my husband said to me when the lights came on was "Sorry."

hilarious. might legitimately be the worst movie ever. although the scene where he and amy smart have to have sex in public in order for him to stay alive is quite hysterical...

hilarious. might legitimately be the worst movie ever. although the scene where he and amy smart have to have sex in public in order for him to stay alive is quite hysterical...

It was disgusting and SO out of the realm of reality....and then to have a busload of Asian schoolgirls watching was beyond disturbing!

Does the "Things that are wrong with this country" thread count?

That thread is longer than some movie scripts, so...

I turn off a lot of movies when I'm at home and do other stuff instead. Often I don't watch the rest of the film. This is a new thing for me.

I should have walked out on two movies I saw two weeks in a row: Shanghai Surprise (Madonna and Sean Penn) and an absolutely awful movie with Farrah Fawcett as a victim to a torture/rape and then she gets loose and turns the tables on him. Really bad in just about everyway.

My GF and I left one of the new (Pierce Brosnan) James Bond movies because she was sick. Other than that, I have never left due to content or film breakage.

Ghostbusters in 1984 because the projector kept fucking up.

The Good Shepherd because they evacuated the theater due to tornadoes in the area.

Other than that, I don't generally go see a movie unless I am relatively sure I will like it; therefore, I don't leave because of disappointment.

Apart from times when the film broke or burned, I have never walked out of a movie. I have fallen asleep at a few, though.

I fell asleep in ALIENS 3. Even the loud soundtrack couldn't keep me up.

And Jimmy Neutron (OK...it was Christmas and I was taking the kids to the movie....too much egg nog and a late night putting stuff together...)

I had to stop watching Babel because the scene with the nanny and the kids in the desert was making me too upset. I just couldn't take it! (I Googled the ending.)

After my mother's very similar reaction, I chose not to watch that movie.

Apart from times when the film broke or burned, I have never walked out of a movie. I have fallen asleep at a few, though.

I think the only movie I've ever walked out of was King Solomon's Mines. I probably would have stuck it out, but the guy I was with was absolutely horrified.

I fell asleep during one of the "Mission Impossible" crapfests on my second date with my husband.

My mom fell asleep at The Guns of Navarone when she was on a date with my dad. He said that was nearly a deal-breaker, but they ended up married anyway.

I can't believe gogo hasn't chimed in yet, to say how close we were to walking out of the Rick Springfield vehicle Hard to Hold. But we didn't! We sat through all 93 awful minutes. Lord, that was a bad movie.

True, we did hold out for all of that one! Also, I have watched Trish sleep through so many bad movies...

That reminds me - we walked out of the first Johnny Depp Pirates film and walked into The Magdalene Sisters.

Oh, The Magdalene Sisters. So harsh. I don't think I've ever seen a Pirates of the Carribean, but that definitely sounds like a good call to me.

Oh, The Magdalene Sisters. So harsh. I don't think I've ever seen a Pirates of the Carribean, but that definitely sounds like a good call to me.

Turned out I was in much more of a mood for that sort of thing than the thrill ride movie.

I have never walked out of a movie, although there have been many times I probably should have.

I saw the first Nightmare On Elm Street in the theater, and wanted to walk out, but I was too scared to move. Also, my friends would have ridiculed me mercilessly.

:lol I was thanking heaven above that there was a fire alarm in the middle of The Ring and I was able to get out of there without looking like a wuss. I had my eyes closed the entire time we were there.