Movies you have walked out of...

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only walked out a couple times, and both were at the Toronto Film Fest. You see 30-40 films in 10 days and you're bound to see one or two that don't work for you. This year it was Peter Greenaway's Nightwatch. It was a visually beautiful film, but other than that it had little going for it. Plus we were hungry and needed a break from all the films.

I liked "Hellboy." Go figure.

I walk out of/turn off movies all the time. I just don't have the patience, especially at home where I could be playing guitar, etc. With a one-year-old my time is just too valuable. Let's see ... "Eragon," "Serenity," "Bridge to Terabithia" (although I did appreciate Zooey Deschanel). Also, about a dozen romantic comedies within the last six months ... I don't know why my wife still thinks I'll sit through one. You'd think she'd eventually catch on.

Time Bandits - it was a midnight movie, and about 20 minutes into the movie, my date said she wanted to engage in some other type of shall we say mutually physical activity.
The Connery has that effect on the ladies:

sean_connery_5.jpg

My wife and I walked out of Anchorman after only about 15 minutes and caught a different movie. I don't even remember what movie we ended up seeing now. I guess I just wasn't in the mood for Will Ferrell at the time. However, Anchorman is now one of my favorite comedys of all time thanks to finally giving it another shot on DVD.