Movies you have walked out of...

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My partner runs a theater and back before we were parents, I would hang around and watch movies when I had free time. I didn't have to pay or anything so I'd end up sitting in on movies I otherwise would never have gone to. Of the zillion awful movies I watched there back then, the only two I started and couldn't finish were "Jason X" and "Analyze That." They were both so awful that I was actually angry and frustrated after just a few minutes of each of them. I can't believe I actually thought Jason in space might have been watchable.

My partner has to issue a lot of refunds to people who watch movies that they find offensive. They often actually watch the entire movie and then come out and explain that they found it offensive and it wasn't what they expected, blah, blah, blah and then they get refund passes. :angry

I walked out of "Light of Day", starring Joan Jett and Michael J. Fox. Even at the young age of 14, I knew that was a piece of shit.

It seems like there have been one or two others, but I can't remember.

Little Nicky. Wretched (sorry A-man).

I've slept through several, though. Notably Apocalypse Now when I was like 13. I woke up just as the cow was getting chopped in half.

I've also slept through several kid's movies.

And The Nutcracker musical (live) at Radio City Music Hall because I was hung to the bone.

Analog... I've been meaning to inquire about your avatar. Marc Bolan, using his powers of divination to channel an as-yet-unborn Buckethead?

That's the cover of The Slider. Two tears in a bucket, on old buckethead.

I fell asleep during one of the "Mission Impossible" crapfests on my second date with my husband. I would have walked out, but we were at my house. It was easier to surrender to sleep.

Just Once Upon a Time in Mexico. I sort of hate Robert Rodriguez, but my friends talked me into it. There was no arm-twisting when we left two-thirds of the way through it, I'll say that. I can only take so much dumb before my brain threatens to kick my ass. Johnny Depp's no-eyed gunfight was pretty much the straw that broke this camel's back.

I don't think any. I was tempted to walk out of Warhol's "Chelsea Girls," but I was hoping to get over on the girl I took with me, so I stayed.