Austin City Limits tonight

Sorry...this is absolutely wrecking my head. PLease explain how to watch these videos. I'm going fucking mental!!! I know I've done this before. I have h-join and the one you recommend in this post nothing is working. How do I extract them!!!!>!!?!?> !?>

If you're using a Mac, then the instructions here should work.

http://forums.viachicago.org/index.php?sho...st&p=983416

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW. Holy Shit.

Living in New York now, and just saw this on PBS at three in the morning. That was just fantastic and incredible. Shit! I have never seen a Jeff Tweedy so emotionally committed...On and On as the closer blew me away, it was better than his best performance of Comment...not to mention Nel's solo on Impossible Germany, playing the solo from the album exactly as recorded and at the same time building upon that solo by playing every other note as its own chord...wow...

I am once again a brand new fan.

This is the kind of post I enjoy reading. :yes

How do you burn a DVD off of VLC? I downloaded and watched the show on my PC now I want to save it to a DVD. Thanks for all the tips!

VLC is a media player, not a DVD creator or encoder. Most major DVD burning software titles (Nero on PC, Toast on Mac, etc.) will probably allow you to convert an AVI to DVD.

I have a DVD completed of this show. Just haven't been able to get the site updated but it's done. I used an HD recording of the show so it looks sharp. Also included the extended interview from the ACL website and appearances from Leno, Letterman, and Jools Holland. When I get a chance, I'll update the site.

Just curious....what kind of DVD recorder do u use to record HD? My recordings of HD are not as crisp as the live HD.

just a head's up... converting a divx or xvid or whatever you have in a .avi to dvd format will take a long, long, LONG time. typically overnight'ish. just go out and get a divx capable dvd player. then you can burn the .avi straight onto a dvd-r and then fit lots more on there.

after 3 days of waiting for this bad bay to download, it finally finished this afternoon!

'handshake drugs' has to be one of the top 5 best live Wilco tracks. was it me or did it seem like the feedback duel at the end of the song is longer now? i can totally envision Tweedy and Cline adding on a longer Garica/ Weir-like jam at the end of the tune... :thumbup

was it me or did it seem like the feedback duel at the end of the song is longer now?

I didn't check the timing, but it seemed standard length to me. (I'll second your "top 5 best live Wilco tunes" comment.)

Caught the last half of this on Friday night.

The performace was great, but Jeff just looked tired. Made me concerned about him. Just... not healthy.

Great performance, though.

tried that as well. got the error message "unsupported format"... stuffit usually works for spanned files, i've used it in the past. this is starting to piss me off. i just want to watch the f***ing video!!! :realmad

Yep, the spanned zipped file doesn't work for me either.. Tried it through DropZip, just does nothing, tried it through 7-Zip "unsupported format".. Plus I have Winzip 11 and it should have been able to handle it, but it came back with "invalid archive.. please re-download.. etc..."

And to top that off, the torrent doesn't work either.. Tried it with two different clients.. Oh well... :-(

Caught the last half of this on Friday night.

The performace was great, but Jeff just looked tired. Made me concerned about him. Just... not healthy.

Great performance, though.

He must have been having just a rough day, I hung out with him after the ACL fest (they came into the eatery where I work) and he looked much better :-) not to mention that I was totally psyched and high for the next week!

FYI: We're always late in this area, Northeast Indiana / Northwest Ohio.

Wilco's performance is airing tomorrow night (Fri Nov 16) at 11:00 pm on WFWA channel 39 (Comcast cable channel 3) in case anyone reading this gets that channel.

... and the Arcade Fire ACL show airs the following Friday night (Fri. Nov 23) at 11:00 pm

Finally it's our turn!

Both are very fine performances!

I don't know if anyone has told this but,

During one part of the show jeff notices a baby with like those big NASCAR headphones on, sitting with parents. Jeff says "Hey, baby!" then he was telling the audience "No, no, it's a REAL baby" as if he had been talking to his wife.

Everyone laughs and then he said "That's so Rock N Roll". They cut that out just as Jeff waved to the kid.

Mrs browning and tweedling get some major close-ups and Puddin' and I are on for the Standing O.

It's the best show i have ever seen/heard!!!!

Crap, just as I was going to try to download again, they closed the thread.. :ohwell

Oh well. Maybe it will show up somewhere else..

You could just sign up.

There is some good stuff up at that place. They have it set up nicely - video and audio torrents each in a separate section.

I have actually never seen a torrent open like that on tape city - I don't know why it was viewable without being logged in.

You could just sign up.

There is some good stuff up at that place. They have it set up nicely - video and audio torrents each in a separate section.

I have actually never seen a torrent open like that on tape city - I don't know why it was viewable without being logged in.

Actually, I am signed up.. For some reason when I was there yesterday, I was logged in, and it had a message "this thread has been closed...". Hmm.. Maybe I'm an idiot and I was doing something wrong, but I can see it now.. Thanks.

the old one was pulled, as it was remastered into

http://www.bootcity.org/showthread.php?t=20545

Hi. Long-time Wilco fan, first-time poster...

After I saw their ACL show last weekend, I thought "Oh, THIS is how their SBS live show is supposed to sound."

I saw them at the Rave in Milwaukee - and I think that's the last show I'm going to see there. (I've only been in Milrockee a year and a half). Man, that place sucks.

Anywho - loved hearing the softer songs in total clarity.