Austin City Limits tonight

I hate Stuffit, so I have no idea if it works for spanned archives. I'd expect it to, but I refuse to put that junk on my Mac to try it out. It might be easiest to just give Zipeg a shot.

tried that as well. got the error message "unsupported format"... stuffit usually works for spanned files, i've used it in the past. this is starting to piss me off. i just want to watch the f***ing video!!! :realmad

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a torrent available. Austin.City.Limits.S33E05.Wilco.HDTV.XviD-FQM. Found a link through Mininova to a private site with the awful name of Funfile.org. That site is still taking sign-ups. Torrent is 1.38 gigs.

Not that I'd ever advocate using such things. :shifty

A 630MB Xvid version taken from the high-def broadcast. Sendspace has a 300MB limit, so the file was broken into 3 200MB zip files which extract to create the video file.

Worked for me.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8itgjs

http://www.sendspace.com/file/nxovv6

http://www.sendspace.com/file/zki03z

So I downloaded them and extracted the file and I can't get it to play correctly. All I get is the audio and no video. I put it through AVBIcodec and it told me i needed the Xvid codec and I then installed that and still nothing. Any suggestions?

Ok, I managed to join the files on my iBook. It seems that Zipeg doesn't handle 7zip files like I'd expected.

Download Drop7Zip here: http://emulation.victoly.com/download/

Just drop the .001 file onto the Drop7Zip icon and it should begin extracting everything to an Xvid AVI file. It'll play perfectly with VLC.

I guess that's what I get for converting the hi-def .TS (transport stream) file to AVI on my Mac and then splitting it on a PC.

There's a torrent available. Austin.City.Limits.S33E05.Wilco.HDTV.XviD-FQM. Found a link through Mininova to a private site with the awful name of Funfile.org. That site is still taking sign-ups. Torrent is 1.38 gigs.

Not that I'd ever advocate using such things. :shifty

Must maintain a 1.0 share ratio on funfile, but you aren't able to upload any new torrents unless you donate. Looks like this will be a "hit & run"-type membership for me...

A little late in coming back to this thread, but I got a high-quality capture of this from PBS Digital. It looks and sounds great, but weighs in at 4.8 Gb. I'm really not sure if it's possible to convert it to some other format that would maintain quality but be smaller in size.

If I could find a way to do that or upload my huge file, I would be happy to share.

full DVD here:http://www.bootcity.org/showthread.php?t=20414

Yes people, head there. Free membership. Awesome torrents. I just pulled the torrent but I won't be able to watch until I get home later this evening. When I checked an hour ago, there were 22 seeders. Get it while its hot and before seeders start to drop out.

Ok, I managed to join the files on my iBook. It seems that Zipeg doesn't handle 7zip files like I'd expected.

Download Drop7Zip here: http://emulation.victoly.com/download/

Just drop the .001 file onto the Drop7Zip icon and it should begin extracting everything to an Xvid AVI file. It'll play perfectly with VLC.

I guess that's what I get for converting the hi-def .TS (transport stream) file to AVI on my Mac and then splitting it on a PC.

ha!! ok so i downloaded that program, and i get this: Error: /Desktop/acl.zip.001.zip is not supported archive

i managed to get an avi file out of it by removing the .zip but it was only bits and peices of the whole thing and crashed vlc...

i think i'll cut my losses and just head to the torrent. cheers for all your help.

I wonder if anyone has their first Austin City Limits appearance from 04, I have a craving of seeing Nels rip through Ashes of American Flags

Even at 30 minutes, I find that one just as satisfying as the new one.

hey,

i think that wilco has been on acl 3 times now. first one was in 99'ish maybe. (edit: yes, they were on 3 times, first in 08/99. and, also yes, the show from 2004 can be had very easily through one of your favorite torrent sites... i just checked.)

and, also, that cover is AWESOME. i'm a high school teacher, and, if i am correct and this was done in a hs gym... i would have been very proud of it being done at my school. good for you! you are a hero to me!!

This finally got around to airing in Oklahoma. "Too Far Apart" and "Impossible Germany" were the highlights. I watched it at my parents house so I could save it on their DVD recorder. Dad walked in at sat down halfway through "Too Far Apart." After about a minute, he said "He acts retarded." Then he got up and walked out. Oh well, mom liked it. :hmm

edit ... also, after the "noise" parts in "Via Chicago," mom said, "I guess he found a home in Chicago ... and it's under an El Train." :D

This finally got around to airing in Oklahoma. "Too Far Apart" and "Impossible Germany" were the highlights. I watched it at my parents house so I could save it on their DVD recorder. Dad walked in at sat down halfway through "Too Far Apart." After about a minute, he said "He acts retarded." Then he got up and walked out. Oh well, mom liked it. :hmm

edit ... also, after the "noise" parts in "Via Chicago," mom said, "I guess he found a home in Chicago ... and it's under an El Train." :D

ha, what witty parents you've got! your father's impression was probably not helped by the person who did jeff's hairdo. that person ought to be fired -- too coiffed looking. he has great scraggly natural hair, they should just leave him alone. of course, maybe he did it himself. if so, i hope he stops listening to beauty operators.

I have a DVD completed of this show. Just haven't been able to get the site updated but it's done. I used an HD recording of the show so it looks sharp. Also included the extended interview from the ACL website and appearances from Leno, Letterman, and Jools Holland. When I get a chance, I'll update the site.

WOW. Holy Shit.

Living in New York now, and just saw this on PBS at three in the morning. That was just fantastic and incredible. Shit! I have never seen a Jeff Tweedy so emotionally committed...On and On as the closer blew me away, it was better than his best performance of Comment...not to mention Nel's solo on Impossible Germany, playing the solo from the album exactly as recorded and at the same time building upon that solo by playing every other note as its own chord...wow...

I am once again a brand new fan.

They're just spanned Zips. If you're using Windows, 7-Zip (free) will work. Just right-click on the first file and choose "extract here." Something like that.

http://www.7-zip.org/

Mac users should be able to use something like Zipeg (free)

http://www.zipeg.com/zipeg.html

I would think that any software that can handle Zip files should be able to extract spanned Zip files.

Sorry...this is absolutely wrecking my head. PLease explain how to watch these videos. I'm going fucking mental!!! I know I've done this before. I have h-join and the one you recommend in this post nothing is working. How do I extract them!!!!>!!?!?> !?>