Now Playing: December, 2007

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

61l%20BNJS56L._SS500_.jpg

must admit, so far this is pretty awful. dunno if i'm gonna make it through all the way on first try :yucky

it sounds like shit you'd hear at a Renaissance fair sung by someone who does Broadway musicals. Bejar only sings backup very minimally through 5 tracks.

:lol I picked this up on a radiohead forum earlier today, and someone said a similar thing. That was what made me grab it, actually - I love female singers like that and British folk music from the 1970s is a big love of mine (and this fits that style - vocally at least), and I have to say I am really enjoying it a lot at the moment.

I would have thought that album cover would have given away the sound to you!

PAPER027_72dpi.jpg

'When the recording finished up, he (Rolf Klausner) excitedly played a copy of Glory Hope Mountain for his Mom, She listened in the car for about 10 seconds and then went back to talking about what was needed at the supermarket.'

Too cute.

41TMGTPWR7L._AA240_.jpg

15898.jpg

51SKeYb919L._AA240_.jpg

51MPQSH5MQL._AA240_.jpg

Olivia Tremor Control - Black Foliage: Volume One

M.O.T.O. - Single File

Prince - O(+>

The Zombies - Odyessy & Oracle

Vampire Weekend - Blue CD-R

I had Oxford Comma for a while and was gonna hold off on full length til the official one leaked, but that song is too infectious and made me seek out Blue CD-R.

So yeah, good album and I dig the Massachusetts references all over the place. Are these guys from here?

Ed Kuepper, live in melbourne. it was good friday this year, the gig was at brand new venue that just opened and wasnt promoted at all.. i did a head count in the audience - 23 people! (down from the usual 150-200 he gathers up). lucky my friend recorded it cause i was going to as well, but forgot to turn the microphone on on my minidisc!