Now Playing: December, 2007

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my first listen to this right now... jesus h the first 3 tracks are annoying as hell, especially "Go Go Gadget Flow" :yucky

edit: track 4 too... you're so right about the choruses so far...

Yeah, the same complaints apply, but its still one of my favorite albums of the year. "Superstar" is an incredible song.

Yeah, the same complaints apply, but its still one of my favorite albums of the year. "Superstar" is an incredible song.

can't say the same. i probably only liked 6 or 7 songs out of the 19 enough to listen further.

if you haven't heard Freeway's "Free At Last" or Pharoahe Monch's "Desire", check those out, definitely 2 of the years best hip hop/rap records.

Hey! I thought Get Lonely was awesome. Great breakup album...maybe you just have to be in that damaged emotional state to connect to it.

Get Lonely had some pretty stuff, but after a run of 4 stellar records, not exactly up to snuff for me. i prefer John's uptempo stuff as well, so...

Just about everything, really... The songs, Emmylou, the lyrics, Conor's voice (I know that's a turn off for a lot of people). I just think it's a really passionate album, and every time I've come back to it over the past couple of years it still resonates well with me.

Thanks for your answer.

I may have to give it another chance. So far I throw the record by the window each time I hear him drinking his cup of coffee in the first second of the first track. Tell me about an unbearable introduction. :lol

Thanks for your answer.

I may have to give it another chance. So far I throw the record by the window each time I hear him drinking his cup of coffee in the first second of the first track. Tell me about an unbearable introduction. :lol

:lol Yeah, that took a bit of getting used to.

I have to say though that given your top albums and biggest disappointments of 2007, it's safe to say we have very very very different taste in music... :yes