Now Playing: December, 2007

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? I think his voice sounds better than ever on TSN. Obviously I'm not sleeping and am listening to the Gold. Opp. Mix. Sometimes I think Will could sing anything and I'd be captivated.

They are just one of those bands for me... I love everything they do.

i can only take so much of the strained emo-ish vocals, no matter Sheff, Conor, etc. :/

i'm a huge huge stickler when it comes to vocals. it's the single most important thing for me getting into any artist unfortunately. i'm kinda amazed I finally came around on Bright Eyes to be perfectly honest, because up until and include most of Lifted, he honestly was one of the worst singers if not THE worst i'd heard in my entire life, no question.

but yeah, i've really only LOVED Okkervil live. as an album BSB grew on me, but only because of seeing them live twice. this new one just makes me want to slit my wrists for most of it unfortunately. maybe i'll give it another shot sometime next year.

oh i loves me some non-traditional vocalists (hell, Dylan is the best singer/songwriter to ever live still at this point), but there's a difference between singing & whining/straining/sounding like you need to take a dump to me :lol. the biggest problem is overemphasis over over-dramatizing though, that combined with strained/whiney vocals is the death knell for me.

never really thought Colin's voice was all that weird, and Krug sounds like a more effected David Bowie (although his voice does bug me on rare occasions, whereas i f'n adore Dan's most every time)

the biggest problem is overemphasis over over-dramatizing though, that combined with strained/whiney vocals is the death knell for me.

Now, I can see Conor falling into this category, but not really Will Sheff. But that's just me. I guess I never really thought of his vocals as overly emo.

Colin's voice was an acquired taste for me personally, which is probably why I categorize it as the non-traditionally-good"...

And fwiw, Bejar is another one that I love... :lol

And fwiw, Bejar is another one that I love... :lol

Bejar's problem with me (and i really love him, but he's got his fair share of awful tracks in his great catalog) is moreso being overly wordy to the point of just mumbling/jumbling words on top of each other. his voice has never really annoyed me (although it's a common complaint i hear from people who don't dig him).

that new song, Foam Hands, the melody & song itself is just ok, but musically & production wise it's one of the best thing he's ever done. hope the rest of the album is that warm. should be able to hear it fairly soon here i hope :)

that new song, Foam Hands, the melody & song itself is just ok, but musically & production wise it's one of the best thing he's ever done. hope the rest of the album is that warm. should be able to hear it fairly soon here i hope :)

Looking forward to that for sure. I also like that Hello Blue Roses song that surfaced a while ago.

Oh how good I can be

When I set my mind to it

Oh how lucky we are

Who knew it?

This here, this is perfect

You there, you're perfect

Oh how happy we are

You, you made it so

Oh don't frown little one

Don't go

Cause this, this here is perfect

And you, you're perfect

Hello Love

Hello Love

Hello Love

Hello Love

That... is such a beautiful song.

I am so in love with the BFB... and in any other year their album probably could have landed in my top 20.