another solo show opportunity

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Matilda's is just south of the Vic (at Sheffield and Barry) and is one of my favorite bars in the city! Really great atmosphere, KILLER jukebox, which is updated pretty regularly, and friendly staff comprised mostly of music lovers. It's hard to describe the decor, kitschy / offbeat / quirky, but definitely interesting. You guys should definitely check it out if you've never been, I find it much more interesting than Big City Tap or Kirkwood or any other bars in close proximity to the Vic. I'll be there for sure prior to the show, for at least one Bud. Just my humble opinion. In any event, I'm starting to get REALLY excited, this should be an amazing show!

OK, you completely sold me on Matilda's -- and everyone on this thread is getting me extremely pumped for the bad financial decision I made for tonight :dancing

And Sue taking requests from the line? How sweet is that? She wasn't kidding when she said it was like a living room show. I have to go with Remember the Mountain Bed. Have a great show everyone.

Theshua, I'm making you work for this one -- it's been mentioned twice already in this thread. ;)

my sincerest apologies.

anywho... awesome show, definitely different vibe from last year. Great show though. I Must Be High DID get its solo rendition, little community song action, cock jokes, signed posters for $25 bucks, I'll take that any day.

Given some of the stories/jokes (bubba the bus driver with the cock tattoo, drug jokes, etc.), I don't think the school function thing played into things much last night. :lol Also, apparently Sue is eating raw only now, which Jeff followed up with Pecan Pie.

How was this a "different vibe" than last year? Just curious, I wasn't at last year's event.

I had a great time. Got there around 7:45 and scored some chairs near the back left bar with some of the teachers; just in time as it filled up quickly . A little noisy back there, but all in all a great time. I drank too much. Would have liked to hear I'm Always In Love and Hesitating Beauty, but I can't complain as I didn't get there early to put in my request. Plus there were some nice surprises in the setlist.

Jules

Guest David Puddy
be careful going up and down the stairs at Matilda's

those are some steep ass metal stairs. but it doesn't matter because that place was fucking closed at 5:45 on a Saturday night. and with all the people about to lineup just a half a block down that street, i can't believe it.