another solo show opportunity

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys......ok, here's the info.......Jeff will play a solo show at the Vic in Chicago. It's located at 3145 N. Sheffield. It's an 18+ show on Saturday January 26, 2008. It starts at 8pm and doors are at 7. The show is a benefit for scholarships at our kids' school. The tickets are $100. You can buy them at the Vic box office where you will pay no service charge but you must have cash, or you can buy them at Ticketmaster outlets or Ticketmaster online. The Vic box office is open Monday through Friday from noon to 6pm. The tickets go on sale TOMORROW December 6th at noon.

This show was really fun last year. It really was like a giant living room concert. He (I) took requests from the line before the show.

I hope to see you guys there.

Thanks!!!

srmt

This show was really fun last year. It really was like a giant living room concert. He (I) took requests from the line before the show.

I can totally attest to this -- top 3 shows of last year easily. I love listening to the recording -- the description of his press tour in Europe is classic.

Sue, he has to promise to tell more stories :lol

I can totally attest to this -- top 3 shows of last year easily. I love listening to the recording -- the description of his press tour in Europe is classic.

Sue, he has to promise to tell more stories :lol

Thanks for the info!

Does anybody know--will this be under "Jeff TWeedy" at Ticketmaster or the name of the school/benefit?

That's a good question - because right now on Ticketmaster, they have no Tweedy dates listed. This is making me nervous!

is't it a $100 general admission show? has it sold out that quickly in the past? :dontgetit

YES. It didn't sell out quickly last year. I remember I saw it and contemplated for days and I think it took awhile to sell out cause of the price. I didnt go, but I think this year it will sellout faster, maybe not right away but faster. The high price keeps it from selling out right away which is somewhat of a good thing I guess cause at normal prices, we would be lucky to get a ticket.

is't it a $100 general admission show? has it sold out that quickly in the past? :dontgetit

Fair enough, but I also have a limited timeframe to snag a pair of really cheap seats on a flight to Chicago, and I'd like to know I have tickets coming to me before I pull the trigger on the airfare.

Fair enough, but I also have a limited timeframe to snag a pair of really cheap seats on a flight to Chicago, and I'd like to know I have tickets coming to me before I pull the trigger on the airfare.

most airfiar sales fall on monday mornings. right now for me RT from D/FW to Chicago is $190 but i have seen it as low as $139. Flight prices move like the stock market. The olny time i expect them to go above $190 is if i wait until the week before the gig to book.

YES. It didn't sell out quickly last year. I remember I saw it and contemplated for days and I think it took awhile to sell out cause of the price. I didnt go, but I think this year it will sellout faster, maybe not right away but faster. The high price keeps it from selling out right away which is somewhat of a good thing I guess cause at normal prices, we would be lucky to get a ticket.

I don't think it actually sold out. It was close, but fully sold out.

Guest David Puddy
I'm In officially. Cant wait.

just bought too. so pumped.

by the by, any idea how early people are going to start showing up for this one? i want to be down close to jeff. a couple hours early???

just bought too. so pumped.

by the by, any idea how early people are going to start showing up for this one? i want to be down close to jeff. a couple hours early???

If it's anything like last year, you're not going to be upfront -- it's a seated show with the front section blocked off for members of the school that it benefits. Plus, it's the middle of January in Chicago -- you'll want to be able to actually have fun at the show without worrying about suffering from frost bite.