another solo show opportunity

Guest David Puddy
If it's anything like last year, you're not going to be upfront -- it's a seated show with the front section blocked off for members of the school that it benefits. Plus, it's the middle of January in Chicago -- you'll want to be able to actually have fun at the show without worrying about suffering from frost bite.

i didn't realize it was seated like that. that's cool.

good call on the cold. i think i'll just chill at the big city tap and check out the line every half hour or something and hop in when it's getting big.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Might as well ask early: Anyone planning on driving down from SE WI that would be interested in carpooling? (I'm in Racine.) Let me know! :)

Why don't you take the train...thats what I'm plannin on doin

just bought too. so pumped.

by the by, any idea how early people are going to start showing up for this one? i want to be down close to jeff. a couple hours early???

I showed up very shortly after the doors opened last year and there was no line (I was surprised to hear that he had taken requests once the show started, I don't think there could have been many people in line prior to the doors opening). The show was GA last year and I assume it will be this year. I would recommend getting there right about when the doors open and you should get a pretty solid seat. As mentioned above, the center section of the floor is reserved for teachers, family members etc. I was in the section just behind them last year and thought the seats were great. Can't wait!! The show last year was well worth the price of admission!!

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/page/news/47...-spring-us-tour

There's a direct link to this VC thread on Pitchfork. Thanks Pitchfork! That should help sell some benefit show tickets!

Wilco Announce Spring U.S. Tour

With Jeff Tweedy's "Early December Do-Goodery Tour" wrapping over the weekend at that Chicago Obama event, the men of Wilco are taking that generous spirit on the road for a liberal helping of new dates around the States. Yep, the Windy City ramblers will bring that badass live show of theirs to the right side of the U.S. for a little more than two weeks come late February, before heading off to another hemisphere on their previously reported tour of Australia and New Zealand.

Tweedy has also lined up yet another solo benefit show, this time January 26 at the Vic Theatre in Chicago. Proceeds go to raise funds for youth scholarships. (Thx Via Chicago.)

In other Wilco news, that Sky Blue Sky bonus material is out there if you want it, those UK dates remain to be rescheduled, and Jeff's handsome mug is in a new photo book by an old friend.

CHeers for Jeff supporting all these great charities in Chicago

Jeers to my work for sending me out of town the weekend of the Vic show

Cheers to the greaet show for the Old Town School!

Jeers for missing the Letters to Santa show

Will keep looking for new and great chances for a solo Jeff night in the nexxt few weeks in Chi town.

PS Still miss Lounge Ax, S.

Yes....the setup will be basically the same. It will be G.A. and and a group of the front seats were sold at a school fundraiser to parents, etc. The front sides will be open. Pretty much everywhere in the Vic is a pretty good seat tho!

Hope to see you there!

srmt

Just me again, shoving our benefit show thread back up to page one.

Hi!

xo

srmt

Yes! Gotta say I am more excited about this than the forthcoming Wilco Shows. Just that I have seen Wilco many times, last at Millienum Park which was awesome, but has been rare and alot longer to see Jeff solo. There is something special about him up there by himself with an acoustic guitar, love the banter also. Gotta remind Jeff to have some good stories.

Guest David Puddy
Yes! Gotta say I am more excited about this than the forthcoming Wilco Shows. Just that I have seen Wilco many times, last at Millienum Park which was awesome, but has been rare and alot longer to see Jeff solo. There is something special about him up there by himself with an acoustic guitar, love the banter also. Gotta remind Jeff to have some good stories.

i too am more excited to see jeff solo than wilco, only because i've never seen the solo show live.

i have to admit though, i'm kind of debating whether or not i should actually bring my girlfriend along. i think she's going to get jealous seeing me so excited to be seeing jeff.

i too am more excited to see jeff solo than wilco, only because i've never seen the solo show live.

i have to admit though, i'm kind of debating whether or not i should actually bring my girlfriend along. i think she's going to get jealous seeing me so excited to be seeing jeff.

I was kinda thinking the same thing, but realized she will be too occupied with her own excitement to notice mine.

I can't go to the show due to work, but Jeff and Sue are such wonderful suppprters of great charities in our city I bought two tix--one for my wife and her friend for a Christmas present. It's killing me that I'll miss it but what the hey... maybe it will bring me some good karma for the Friday presale... hope someone will tape the show!

Any breakout predictions? With the Riviera shows coming up, there ought to be some golden oldies at the Vic...