natalie jane / st. genevieve

Hi all,

Natalie's mom asked me to forward this on to her friends. It looks like some of Nat's writing has been published! What a fantastic tribute. I know Natalie would be very excited about this. Please feel free to forward this on to her friends that may not read this board too often.

Here's a portion of the email from Natalie's mom:

"I’m writing with some news. Ever since Natalie died, I have been working

on getting her writing published: several stories, a novella, and her

fictional biography of Schubert. I’m currently sending out some of the

shorter work to a number of literary journals. Last year, a chapter from

her Schubert novel was accepted for publication in a journal called Battered

Suitcase. It’s now appearing in the Winter 2010 issue. Her

story is called “An die Freude” and people can read it on the magazine

There will also be a piece on Natalie and her writing on the Vagabondage

Press Blog, http://vagabondagepress.blogspot.com/ along with a photo of

Natalie. I don’t know when that will be appearing – I hope soon.

It’s so sad that Natalie’s first publication must be posthumous, but all of

us who loved her can feel that it serves as a sort of memorial."

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mel, thanks so much for letting us know! That is amazing, I'm so glad Natalie's mom has been doing this. I always loved reading anything Natalie wrote, it's wonderful that her writing will be shared with a larger audience. :cheekkiss

mel, thank you for this news! can't wait to read the pieces her mom had published.

i was just coming into this thread today b/c i was missing natalie. i heard a new song by the Decemberists this morning and was wondering what nat's opinion of it would be. she was clear in her opinion of "crane wife". :lol

• 5 weeks later...

i was shopping for q-tips in the baby-needs aisle when i noticed that there was a display of creme eggs there.

cadbury creme eggs. baby needs. natalie, if ever. :)

also listening to the new decemberists album now. want to tell nat they were clearly "feeling ND" when they recorded it. :love

I was walking down the street the other day and my iPod played XTC's "Snowman" and I thought of her, as the file came from a mix she put up once upon a time.

• 1 year later...

Friends of Natalie,

Her sister informed me the other day that Natalie's book is out. Here's some information:

Both parents have worked on editing, fact-finding, and basically compiling the chapters into a full-fledged book. We would love it if you checked it out and also spread the word. Here's some info about it:

The Kindle edition of "When Your Song Breaks the Silence" is now available in the Kindle Store at amazon.com and via the Kindle app. The Smashwords edition (www.smashwords.com) is being distributed to Barnes & Noble (their Nook Store), Apple, Sony, and other e-book catalogs.

The book's Facebook Fan page: www.facebook.com/whenyoursong

The book's web site: https://sites.google...eaksthesilence/

Also, here's an article about Natalie and her novel that came out yesterday, July 14th: http://annarborchron...n-book-fare-18/

• 2 months later...

It's been a long time since I've come around, but today is important.

Isn't it strange, the things we associate with monumental moments in life? After all this time, whenever I think of Nat's passing, Jen's first post immediately flashes in my mind:

jenbobblehead

Posted 07 January 2008 - 12:00 PM

What?! What?!

Two words, or really, one word. But I can hear her say it, I can hear the tone of her voice even though I only read the words. It's forever linked with the news for me.

I can't believe she would have been 40 today. She should be 40 today. I often forget that I never met her "in real life" because we had more interaction on this board than I have with much of my family. She was a kind soul, and I still miss her a lot. Thank you to Via Chicago for bringing her into my life.

I will be raising a glass to Natopia tonight.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi friends of Natalie,

I wanted to let you know that one of Natalie's favorite bands, The Minders, have a Kickstarter for their new album and they are close to reaching their goal. The new album features a song about Natalie. Having heard the song live, I can tell you it's really amazing and Natalie would be floored. If you would like to contribute and pre-order the album and help ensure it gets released, you can do so here:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

tonight i heard a song from Decemberists' "Crane Wife" and immediately i thought of Natalie.  i thought, Natalie was alive when this album came out.  she didn't like it.  her comment about it was something close to, "let us never speak of progressive rock again." :lol

my sig line here has a quote from Nat that i use often, but mostly i think it rather than say it out loud.  i'd just have to explain it.

boy, i miss her.   to Natopia! :wine :love

tonight i heard a song from Decemberists' "Crane Wife" and immediately i thought of Natalie.  i thought, Natalie was alive when this album came out.  she didn't like it.  her comment about it was something close to, "let us never speak of progressive rock again." :lol

my sig line here has a quote from Nat that i use often, but mostly i think it rather than say it out loud.  i'd just have to explain it.

boy, i miss her.   to Natopia! :wine :love

Natalie can't be forgotten. She was a force of nature. I love that she lives on here, despite that her life was unfairly cut short. I miss her.