me & craig's latest action card

l_9a192e5e756c862689f09df2b940bcd5.jpg

These are the cards we dole out at our shows... we do a different design every thousand. We've been mexican wrestlers, acrobats, garden gnomes, invaders of mars, Primera Liga futbol players, astronauts... This is action card #8. it's so ridiculous and stupid that I had to put it up here, knowing how ridiculous and stupid we all are.

:lol

mart, can you post some of your past Action Cards?

We've had seven other ones, Yvon... here's the original one (nothing to write home about, but people ask us for this one all the time now. Ain't no more to be had):

1240724513_l.jpg

Here's card #2... I remember Craig saying, "Holy shit, we're going in this direction with these now, are we?" But really, when you don't take anything in your life seriously, why take a glorified business card seriously?

1240726155_l.jpg

We went all espa

These are veritable works of art, Mart. :thumbup

Notice the judicious inclusion of the word, "veritable". These politicos could learn a thing or two from ol' kidsmoke. From you & Craig, too.....how their ratings would soar if we could see, say, Barack's face on the rider of a bucking bronc, or maybe Hillary's face on a body scaling the sheer face of Yosemite....Guiliani with a flamenco guitar and a rose in his teeth....yep, what the candidates need are cards to hand out at rallies. :yes

You should design some for them, Mart.

:w00t :lol

rhythm y blues!

the campfire patches on the shoulders of the spacesuits are a nice detail!

did you use the same martin & craig heads in each of the cards?

the cards really showcase your varied skills. sure, we all know you're musicians, but acrobats? wrestlers? astronauts? gnomes? who knew?

thanks, mart! :cheers

hee hee, I like the "rhythm y blues" too. Yeah, Yvon, that's part of what makes it such riduculous fun for me... using the same heads, and making them just-slightly-larger-enough-to-look-weird compared to the heads they're replacing. Other folks seem to dig it too. Maybe, in celebration of card #10, we'll switch to newer pics, and even add Chuck Hancock, our ace sax player.

Best part is that we started playing our favorite songs as a total lark... one of the NYC venue owners needed someone to fill 3 hours when a performer cancelled, Craig and I were hanging there, so we said, "Yeah, we can play some old R&B for awhile." It grew to where we did 253 shows last year and this silliness has it's own agent. We refuse to take it seriously despite the demand.

Paul, I'll have #5 & #7 waiting for you. They'll be in my guitar case, just remind me to give 'em to you. #8 is at the print shop as we speak, so I should have them next week.

Kris, I'll bring the full set for you in April. Mint or Near-Mint condition! :lol :P

It grew to where we did 253 shows last year and this silliness has it's own agent. We refuse to take it seriously despite the demand.

If any of you ever get a chance to check out the campfire, do it! It's pure happiness. :cheekkiss

Has anybody ever told Craig that he looks like Clint Howard?

I'm sure he would be quite insulted. :lol He does have a way with the ladies. (Mart, you think Craig would be amused to learn he's being discussed on the Wilco message board?)

P.S. The last couple of times I've seen Mart, he's done great renditions of Jesus, etc. and Misunderstood.

I think he'd have a good laugh about it, Paul, he's met more than a few people from the board at shows, that's for certain... I can see a bit of the resemblance that Jeff is talking about in that specific pic, but Craig looks much more like that actor Ryan Reynolds from the movie Van Wilder in real life, at least that's what people say.

WTF? Clint Howard is awesome! That is a huge compliment!

His work, and inclusion, in Gung Ho, Parenthood, and Nightshift alone warrant him the respect and admiration of millions.

what about Ice Cream Man? and his role of the serial killer on Seinfeld? top notch work. not to mention his role as the little monkey fucker, on the original Land of the Lost.

Craig looks much more like that actor Ryan Reynolds from the movie Van Wilder in real life, at least that's what people say.

He does! I never noticed that before, but now that you say it, definitely. He's a cutie... much cuter than Ryan Reynolds, in fact.

I would never, EVER insult the gallant body of work that Clint Howard has amassed. Frankly, he would've made a more believable Richie Cunningham than his brother. We might've seen a bit more of the seedy, drug-infested underbelly of 1950s Milwaukee, plus a bit more of Fonzie's fearsome hoodlum side had Clint ran with that role.

I won't tell Craig what you said Maudie... his head is big enough. ;)