Residency "Entire Recorded Works"

What would prevent them from playing "My Darling" really? Can't say that was one of the first ones I've missed at the shows, but did Tweedy say he didn't dig it any more?

I think because it's a Jay Bennett tune. And he don't dig no Jay Bennett.

While the setlist is a bit predictable, I've seen Wilco 5 or 6 times over the last couple of years and they played at the very least one song I hadn't seen before. Compared to MOST bands that is pretty damned good.

if you see more than one show on any one tour leg your odds of catching a song you haven't seen before go way down. the last song they "added" to their regular rotation that wasn't off a new release was "too far apart". they were playing it pretty infrequently for years, but it became a regular during the summer west coast run and stayed around for the fall.

i'm hoping for more of this. also i'd love to hear the new band take on the arena version of "box full of letters". it's wishful thinking, but it gets me every time.

I think because it's a Jay Bennett tune. And he don't dig no Jay Bennett.

I remember being slightly disappointed when I found out Jeff didn't write that song. It just seems so Jeff.. Especially when he was a fairly new father at the time. Was Jay really the primary song writer of those days? Sorry to get off topic...

Why wouldn't they play those songs? :unsure

If they say they're going to play the whole catalog, I can't imagine why they'd skip those.

Me either. I am sure alot of the out takes will be played and hopefully some of the old covers they have played in concert.

LouieB

Somthing crossed my mind on the bus today...Does anyone think there could be a chance a Mr. Andrew Bird, Chicagoan, violinist, past Wilco-helper, makes an appearence to help inject some awesomeness into such songs as Jesus, Etc and Dreamer in My Dreams?

I hope not.