Residency "Entire Recorded Works"

I have a lot of Wilco music i don't know the origin of. Such as "Thirteen". What are some of the rarities we might get to hear?

If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say that "Entire Recorded Works" will be defined as the stuff that's on the full-length releases -- AM, Being There, Summerteeth, YHF, AGIB, SBS plus Mermaid 1 and 2. In other words, don't get your hopes up for, say, "The T.B. Is Whipping Me" or stuff off of demos, etc.

I would guess that the Mermaid Stuff will probably be limited to the stuff they already do, i.e. California Stars, Hesitating Beauty, Remember the Mountain Bed, Christ For President, Airline to Heaven, One By One, Hoodoo Voodoo and maybe Another Man's Done Gone. I would be mildly surprised (though extremely pleased) if we got Secrets of the Sea, Feed of Man or Blood of the Lamb).

And I would be shocked if they did any songs that are technically non-Wilco songs, like Laminated Cat. FWIW. :ermm

I hope I am proven wrong but I just don't see the band doing all the recorded songs even from the studio albums. I would suspect a lot of the songs will not get played..some mentioned before but includung Outta Site Outta Mind? My Darling, We're Just Friends, Hotel Arizona...If I am proven wrong I will certianly be insanley jealous and in denial and will hope they bring this residency tour on the road for 5 nights in NYC B)

I hope I am proven wrong but I just don't see the band doing all the recorded songs even from the studio albums. I would suspect a lot of the songs will not get played..some mentioned before but includung Outta Site Outta Mind? My Darling, We're Just Friends, Hotel Arizona...If I am proven wrong I will certianly be insanley jealous and in denial and will hope they bring this residency tour on the road for 5 nights in NYC B)

Why wouldn't they play those songs? :unsure

If they say they're going to play the whole catalog, I can't imagine why they'd skip those.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Henry and the H-Bombs. Seriously. :cheers

Likewise.

And I'm still dying to hear Can't Stand It. XRT played it on my way into work yesterday and it put the biggest smile on my face.

And I take "Complete Recorded Works" to mean every song including "Mr Darling" and "We're Just Friends" and the like.

There is a drop-down list of songs on the request page for the upcoming tour... I'd have to guess that this is the baseline for what you can expect to hear during the residency?

Request a Song for the Upcoming Tour

This drop down, while a good list of songs, should only be a fraction of the songs they play. It is the list for the rest of the tour, not chicago. They should play soo many more than this in their chicago shows.

This is the same list that they put up for the mill. park show.

I wonder how much work the Wilco fellas are putting in to pull this thing off. I mean, that's a lot of material to know -- any way you slice it.

it would pay a lot of dividends in the future, giving them a much larger range of material to work with.

i'm excited to hear reworked versions of AM, being there and summerteeth... even if it's only on tape.

as much as i love seeing them live, i've grown a little tired of the predictability in their setlist structure.

it would pay a lot of dividends in the future, giving them a much larger range of material to work with.

i'm excited to hear reworked versions of AM, being there and summerteeth... even if it's only on tape.

as much as i love seeing them live, i've grown a little tired of the predictability in their setlist structure.

We're seeing the boys in Cleveland right after the residency, so I'm hoping for those "dividends". The injection of some "new" songs into the set list has definitly got me a bit more pumped than usual for the show (our front row tickets don't hurt either).

While the setlist is a bit predictable, I've seen Wilco 5 or 6 times over the last couple of years and they played at the very least one song I hadn't seen before. Compared to MOST bands that is pretty damned good.

Off the top of my head I'd say there are roughly 100 songs that are on the full lengths and Wilco-related MA's. That breaks down to 20 songs a night, if they play all of those. Being that there are no opening bands, it seems like they'd play around 25 songs per night, which would allow for 25 extras or rarities. Perhaps that's just "Wishful Thinking," but what would we be without that?

If I had a surefire lock for a non-Wilco album, hell non-Wilco in general track, I'd say that they will probably play, "New Madrid." It's hard to be picky or upset about any of this though.