WXRT's Brodcast of Wilco Residency Show

Oh and i'd like to add that if someone can record it directly from FM, rather than the internet feed, it'll be vastly better sound-wise. I know that most people here know that already, but I'd thought i'd point that out anyway, in case someone here who is new to this kind of thing would like to try. I usually record from the FM to the pc using a sound recorder. One time, i recorded from the FM to my Sony double deck cd recorder, and that turned out great too. I would imagine that someone on this board, or somewhere else will record this and hopefully share it.

For selfish reasons, I wish 'XRT would broadcast Saturday's show instead. It's the only one, that barring me getting ahold of a ticket, that i won't be at.

Also tonight on XRT at 10 p.m. Jeff Tweedy is hosting the eclectic company with jon langford!!!

this really should deserve it's own thread, but since you mentioned it, have at it.

Can't wait this should be awesome. They just had a little preview snippet. Is anyone recording this as well??

this really should deserve it's own thread, but since you mentioned it, have at it.

Can't wait this should be awesome. They just had a little preview snippet. Is anyone recording this as well??

I will be. It's been awhile since i've hooked up my FM to the PC, so i don't know if i'll be able to do that in time. If nothing else, i should be able to get the web feed.

It was and it is. Langford is a funny guy anyway and they will be playing records and talking. I doubt I will stay awake, but it should be fun.

Of all Chicago musicians, I have seen Langford perform in one band or another maybe hundreds of times.

LouieB

It was and it is. Langford is a funny guy anyway and they will be playing records and talking. I doubt I will stay awake, but it should be fun.

Of all Chicago musicians, I have seen Langford perform in one band or another maybe hundreds of times.

LouieB

Langford got my into Johnny Dowd.

You may want to check this out:

A long-time XRT Listener favorite, the Friday Feature takes an artist or theme and turns on the spotlight. Whether it's Springsteen, DMB, "Indiana Johns" or "Not By the Original Artists," XRT's Friday Feature is like a rock 'n' roll box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get.

Friday, February 15th:

Wilco & Nirvana

Yup that's today..so you might want to check it out, you can listen online :)