Made in the USA: Spoiled brats

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I could care less for Hill or Bill, but when stuff like that gets posted as genuine politcal commentary or humor it makes it easier for worse things to happen. Oh, things like Fox News Bill Sullivan runnning side by side comparisons of a speach by Obama and a speech by Adolph Hitler. Stuipid ignorant shit grows out of our acceptance of things we might consider minor and or insignificant.

no you couldn't

I could care less for Hill or Bill, but when stuff like that gets posted as genuine politcal commentary or humor it makes it easier for worse things to happen. Oh, things like Fox News Bill Sullivan runnning side by side comparisons of a speach by Obama and a speech by Adolph Hitler. Stuipid ignorant shit grows out of our acceptance of things we might consider minor and or insignificant.

I think it was mostly posted for humor. Lamrod can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think he meant to imply that you shouldn't vote for Hillary because the result of morphing her picture with Bill's is grotesque. As far as Hitler comparison's go, don't get me started.

I think it was mostly posted for humor. Lamrod can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think he meant to imply that you shouldn't vote for Hillary because the result of morphing her picture with Bill's is grotesque. As far as Hitler comparison's go, don't get me started.

You are correct, and thanks for sticking up for me.. I think it's good sometimes to just forget about all of the politics, and just laugh a little..

Ahh... I always thought that the right for free speech and having the freedom to post things like this was a good thing.. My mistake..

You're right to free speech has not been impugned by me or anyone else. Though you really ought to know that it is the government that has no right to suppress your speech. Private entities may controll your speech, otherwise the moderators here would not ban people or topics. My point is that when we perpetuate these images, these negatives continually it makes it so much easier to slide down the slippery slope. Regardless of how many Bush/Hitler pictures are posted "for balance" it does not make it right and it does not lessen the ugly nature of political discourse in this country today. Heck I'm not dumb, I know political satire and ugly politics have been around far longer than the US has existed, and will be still be here 1000 years after the US is a distant memory in the history books. I just don't particularly like it and I think it leads to us accepting as legitimate new/commentary when places like Fox air their Obama/Hitler comparisons. And like Forrest Gump...That's all I got to say about that.

while the tourture acted upon Iraqi prisoners by US troops, is horribly wrong and reprehensible, anyone equating George Bush to Adolf Hitler is a fucking idiot.

Agreed, though, he certainly shares more similarities than Obama.

The prisoner photos are eerily similar.