Total Pros Horn Section

Max,

Thanks for adding an element that we no doubt would be missing had Jeff not made the 11th hour decision to add a horn section. To hear that you arranged the parts in such a short span of time is absolutely remarkable. It was good meeting you at the Fat Cat and I hope you were able to get the grenadine stain off your tuxedo shirt from Tuesday night.

Kevin

i'll second all of the above..you guys really added something special this weekend. you breathed new life into some routine tunes--and even made me fall in love with some of them again. it would not have been the same without you!! here's to hoping you do a whole lot more with the band! :thumbup

Max,

Thanks for adding an element that we no doubt would be missing had Jeff not made the 11th hour decision to add a horn section. To hear that you arranged the parts in such a short span of time is absolutely remarkable. It was good meeting you at the Fat Cat and I hope you were able to get the grenadine stain off your tuxedo shirt from Tuesday night.

Kevin

11th hour is no shit! Max is probably being a bit modest by not sharing the fact that he had about 36 hours ( maybe less) to organize, compile, arrange, write, copy and rehearse prior to the opener on Friday night.

...and max is as nice as he is amazing

It was nice to meet you man!

Rob

The performance of "Was I In Your Dreams" on Tuesday night is one of my favorite things ever. So fucking soulful. That was an incredible arrangement.

This is the truth. Really, really lovely. You guys were great!

Even if you folks had only appeared for "Pieholden Suite," you'd have been the unsung heroes of the residency ... but every song you played on was greatly enhanced by your presence.

I wasn't able to attend any of the shows but have been listening to recordings non-stop. And I'm excited that my brother will see you guys in DC at his first Wilco show! :dancing

Guest Muncle Douchey

Red-Eyed & Blue --> I Got You

Monday

on 2/18 was the greatest bit of live music i've ever seen. i don't think i could say this without the kickass contribution by The Total Pros on Monday. Thanks a ton.

The performance of "Was I In Your Dreams" on Tuesday night is one of my favorite things ever. So fucking soulful. That was an incredible arrangement.

THis was a highlight for me too!! Horns/Brass makes EVERYTHING better. Hope to hear more from you in the future!

At several points during the week, there were 11 members of Wilco on stage. The Band, 4 Total Pros + A. Bird. That's more than the E Street Band.

I echo the sentiments of all preceding statements! The third night, "Hate it Here" finally found its horn groove and it blew my mind right out. That's just one example, but pretty much any song y'all touched was enhanced for the better. Fantastic work!

Can anyone remember which song had the clarinet featured? Lou maybe?