What's your favorite sappy love song?

"My Love" Paul McCartney

Good call man. I'd normally never listen to a tune like that but that one always gets me for some reason. Sir P is a master of doing that for me.

Good call man. I'd normally never listen to a tune like that but that one always gets me for some reason. Sir P is a master of doing that for me.

He writes, almost exclusively, sappy love songs, but he does it really well. He's the master of them, really.

I even like "Silly Love Songs", which is like his mission statement.

There are too many, but I will pick a few:

"Without You" sung by Harry Nillsson

"Isn't She Lovely?" by Stevie Wonder (yeah, I know it's about a baby, but it's still a love song)

"My Girl" by The Temptations

and, of course:

"H-A-T-R-E-D" by Tonio K.

which is a twisted kind of love song in it's own right.

I don't know if it would qualify as sappy, but Question by Old 97's comes to mind.

Oh, certainly sappy.

And I don't know if this would qualify as sappy, but my favorite through-the-roof requited infatuation song is For Once in My Life by Stevie Wonder.

"Oooh Baby Baby" by Smokey Robionson & The Miracles

Motown in the 60's is good for about 90% of mine.

I'm a sucker for just about any classic country or classic R&B love song. "These Arms of Mine" and "That's How Strong My Love Is" by Otis Redding kills me. I have a hard time classifying them as "sappy", though.

The Cure's "Lovesong" has been a long running standard of sappy lovingness in my relationship.

Al Green's "Love and Happiness" is fantastic also..."walking together, eh-hey, talking together, eh-hey..." So groovin'! :dancing