Swell Season Spring Tour

true, it's a start ;)

if tickets weren't going onsale this coming Saturday for most of the shows, i think it'd probably have more of an impact... guess we'll see

they definitely overbooked many of the venues in preparation for them winning an Oscar methinks :)

I didn't even know who sang the song until last night. I'd heard it several times on the radio but could never catch who the artist was.

Good luck to those guys. They seemed very genuine and sincere.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eh... do you honestly think that thousands of people are gonna be all "OMG I SHOULD REALLY GO SEE THEM" after seeing them on the Oscars?

No, I was being sarcastic. However, I definitely think that the movie and Oscar nomination is what put them in the Chicago Theatre.

No, I was being sarcastic. However, I definitely think that the movie and Oscar nomination is what put them in the Chicago Theatre.

oh most definitely!

the largest venue i've seen the Frames play in the US is like 1100 (Metro), but usually around 200-600.

and Marketa will be 20 next week, glen is 38... yeah it's a bit creepy, but if they're both happy, more power to 'em :)

though Glen did meet Marketa when she was 14 (he was a friend of her fathers in the Czech Republic)

hmm, so people are really excited about this duo? I saw them on the Oscars last night, and thought it was pretty bland.

I really liked the performance and loved the speeches, but that reaction is definitely interwoven with the movie.

hmm, so people are really excited about this duo? I saw them on the Oscars last night, and thought it was pretty bland.

i much prefer the Frames, but yeah, been a big fan of Swell Season since their album came out in early '06.

i actually didn't LOVE the movie the first time i watched it in the theater, which surprised me considering how much i loved the SS album.

Again, would someone PLEASE direct me to info about this tour? I can't find anything about it on their myspace nor on theframes.ie

Thank you!

Molly, do you not believe me? ;)

they sent it out to the Frames mailing list last week, it's also on the Once myspace page now

The beginning of the song last night was terrible I thought, and it looked like they both looked at each other after the first little section and and chuckled. Then they picked it up a notch and it sounded fantastic. I'm kind of bummed that When Your Mind's Made Up wasn't nominated. That would have ruled to see them play that one!

Also, Swell Season will be on The Artist's Den on Ovation (DirecTV channel 274) this Thursday.

A presale for the Minneapolis show:

Landmark Theatres is offering you the opportunity to purchase concert tickets before they go on sale to the general public to THE SWELL SEASON featuring GLEN HANSARD & MARKETA IRGLOVA performing their songs from the motion picture ONCE. Live In Concert at The Orpheum Theatre, May 7, 2008, at 8:00pm. Click on this link starting this Friday (Feb. 29, 2008) from 10am until 10pm. Password is
A presale for the Minneapolis show:

damn... was kinda hoping there wouldnt' be a presale honestly :lol

i'm prolly just gonna head to the box office early Sat morning, avoid the $12-15 per Ticket fee and get a better seat :)

thanks for the heads up tho!

I love The Frames. That's all I have to say.

haha... yeah i certainly love the Frames infinitely more than Swell Season, especially live, but i'm happy for their success and it'd be nice if it translated into more success in the US for the Frames, but i have a feeling it may be minimal.

haha... yeah i certainly love the Frames infinitely more than Swell Season, especially live, but i'm happy for their success and it'd be nice if it translated into more success in the US for the Frames, but i have a feeling it may be minimal.

Didn't I just say I had nothing more to say? Stop goading me!

Well, one other thing, I would totally "do" Marketa. :thumbup