Swell Season Spring Tour

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that Van song is 'Into The Mystic' :thumbup

and yeah, great great cover

i liked the Mpls show a few months ago, but it honestly kinda paled compared to the Frames live

Not the Van song they played on Sunday. It was Born Again.

Yeah, I do like the Frames too, but I think this is the softer side of Glen which I think has its place and its own quality.

Not the Van song they played on Sunday. It was Born Again.

Yeah, I do like the Frames too, but I think this is the softer side of Glen which I think has its place and its own quality.

shit, i meant Astral Weeks, that's the title of the one you said is called "Born Again" ;)

Into The Mystic is the one they've been playing more often this tour, but Glen has played Astral Weeks a few times solo in the past

shit, i meant Astral Weeks, that's the title of the one you said is called "Born Again" ;)

Into The Mystic is the one they've been playing more often this tour, but Glen has played Astral Weeks a few times solo in the past

He actually did it solo then too, he really does a great job on it. I cant believe he stills plays that guitar with the hole in it. I would think it would change the sound or something. He did have issues with the guitar during the show. Maybe it wont last much longer. Probably had since the beginning.

Yeah, I'm not good with actual song names.

I also really enjoyed "Say it to Me Now" unplugged from the front of the stage. Is that something Glen usually does? It sounded great.

to open the show?

i think almost every night on the tour, not sure tho

He didn't open either Chicago show with "Say it to me Now."

Did it in his solo set both times, only once at the front of the stage.

They closed Sunday's show with the whole band front of the stage for "You Ain't Going Nowhere" though, which included them walking up and down the aisles before leaving the stage.

And yeah, "Astral Weeks" Sunday, "Into the Mystic" last night.

Both really good shows, and congrats for their success, but it will be nice when the hype dies and there can be some Frames shows again.

ah, ok

they'd been opening the show with it w/ glen singing w/o any mic or amplification at the edge of the stage for the first week or two of the tour, must have started changing it up, cool :)

btw, dunno if you guys are aware, but you can buy recordings of the SS tour here pretty cheap:

http://www.playedlastnight.com/

they sound great

Just got back from the Telluride Bluegrass Festival. I wasn't able to stay for Swell Season last night, but caught the Frames on Saturday night and thought it was great. Once again Telluride shows how to put on a festival right! Had a blast as always.

gallery_229_88_719041.jpg

gallery_229_88_884263.jpg

• 7 months later...
Friends can bone. (F*ck Buddies the kids call it)

I took mine to the Swell Season in Columbus, she loved it so much that afterwards . . .

I digress.

They did "Astral Weeks" and a Black Sabbath song in the encore to let the drummer release some frustration after all the "folk rock". Good show, though she liked it a bit better than I did.