NPR streaming 2/27 show

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know Rob, but tell him to get his wil-cough checked out very soon! Turned out mine was really a wil-upper respiratory infection that turn into pneumon-co.

:thumbup

Hey Wendy, I never got any closer to you than a big ol' wave up to the balcony at the Riv! :wave

Tamela, tell Rob he can't be sick there's a world of people out there for him to take care of. hearts to both of you.

An observation:

I'm sitting here alone in my apartment - my girlfriend is out of town. MSNBC on the TV with the volume down; and I'm rocking out on the couch, admittedly a little wine drunk. I'm playing along quietly on an unplugged electric guitar. The thing is, I know how the songs go. That is to say, I know, for example, that Handshake Drugs begins with me (and the band, I guess) lazily folds in... D-G-F... again and again. The thing is, I know that the band is about to go simply and in a controlled state of nuts- I can feel the merlot dictate me to do the same. As I listen, they don't go nuts though. I'm just a drunk guy on a couch tensing up as my body and dozens of hours of headphones builds to Nels' solo. The rest of the band doesn't tense, however... They have the discipline to do the song service by letting it happen as intended- even though they do this night after night. That's musicianship at its finest and this may be the best I've ever heard them. As I conclude I realize that I missed Pot, and Roses is starting, so I'll leave you at that...

Let the makingfunofme commence.

Cheers, All- we're catching a good one tonight.