Wilco's official word on SNL

I missed it. Thanks. It would have been nice to have seen something in Nashville thread, not from you, youmay not have read it.. We obviously have things in common. I assume that Wilco is your favorite band too. I have only complained about Charleston over an over because people call me out. And I'll be happy to reply. Again, my message board experience is very different. Not better, just different. I am on the verge of just ah, forget it.

I'm from Nashville actually.

once all the SNL stuff passes, things will calm down around here. it's a crazy time on the board. don't let it get to you.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OCD then?

Most normal people get kind of fed up with covering the same territory over and over and over again. All you're getting is negative attention and to some folks I guess that's better than nothing. You really want to be part of the VC community? Bring something else to the table. I mean unless this is the kind of attention you prefer. :dontgetit

Or unless it's just to go back and giggle like school girls about it on the other board. ;)

Again, not my experience of normalcy nor is that what I did. As far as farrar, please go read about my VC adventure. I chose not to post things here because I knew htat it was verboten to criticize. I wasn't trying to hidde anything. It is appropriate there but not here. Big deal. Thank you all for the grabbing the olive branch. I'll likely go back to being the wilco fan that is a s big a fan as anyone on VC but doesn't post there. If you are ever at a Wilco/Tweedy/Jay/Volt/Gob Iron/B Rox show, I'll be the guy wearing a black Johnny Cash flippin' the bird T shirt that says FUCK UNCLE TUPELO. Say hi and I'll shake your hand and buy you a drink. Hey irony alert! That shirt was created for the '96 Wavefest in CHARLESTON1 HA!

Again, not my experience of normalcy nor is that what I did. As far as farrar, please go read about my VC adventure. I chose not to post things here because I knew htat it was verboten to criticize. I wasn't trying to hidde anything. It is appropriate there but not here. Big deal. Thank you all for the grabbing the olive branch. I'll likely go back to being the wilco fan that is a s big a fan as anyone on VC but doesn't post there. If you are ever at a Wilco/Tweedy/Jay/Volt/Gob Iron/B Rox show, I'll be the guy wearing a black Johnny Cash flippin' the bird T shirt that says FUCK UNCLE TUPELO. Say hi and I'll shake your hand and buy you a drink. Hey irony alert! That shirt was created for the '96 Wavefest in CHARLESTON1 HA!

Of all of the people posting in that thread, you were the most diplomatic. But surely you see the lack of adult integrity in a bunch of you coming over here to sling dirt clods and run away to giggle about it back at your fort.

I hope you stick around, because you seem like a genuine kind of guy.

Of all of the people posting in that thread, you were the most diplomatic. But surely you see the lack of adult integrity in a bunch of you coming over here to sling dirt clods and run away to giggle about it back at your fort.

... and here (GloNo) :hmm

At this point, ellsworth, your complaints need to be directed elsewhere. Send a letter to Wilco's management to register your complaints. Here's a link to contact them.

http://wilcoworld.net/info/index.php

Ditto.

I think ellsworth has survived what is commonly known as the "vetting process."

Ditto.

I think ellsworth has survived what is commonly known as the "vetting process."

Ditto here too. I really loved reading your posts at the Jay Farrar forum. You are passionate about Wilco and are obviously as big a fan as they get. So let's start over with new topics, new posts, and show everybody here what some of us have seen to be a really cool guy who has a lot to offer, and move on past this worn-out topic. ;)

I dig ellsworth as well.. You took a lot of hell, and survived.. Welcome to the club friend. :thumbup

The irony of the situation, concerning his responses to my responses to his responses (etc.), is that he's not even the poster I was referencing way back when I went off. He's just the one who chose to respond.

We didn't see much more from the other bomb-throwers, and I can't say I'm surprised.

We didn't see much more from the other bomb-throwers, and I can't say I'm surprised.

Thanks to all trying to make me feel welcome. It was welcoming. :beer

Please don't take this the wrong way but in my experience you don't have to survive alot of hell to make it on a board, even if you disagree. I am not trying to start it all up again. "Other bomb throwers" means that you feel that I was throwing bombs. I guess that's the basic disagreement that caused all the trouble. But such is life.

I appreciate the words. Let's let this unpleasantness drift into the ether. :) See you.

Mods - please don't lock this thread.

... but then you locked it yourself.

Sorry to ruin your big funny. But not taking the heat for this one. I think we've had enough this week, thank you.