Wilco's official word on SNL

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point, we (Spanish for dictators) have all had it with these ridiculous argumentative posts. For the newbies, if you want to look at this as a dictatorship, fine with me. If you continue these posts that are solely meant to push buttons we have every right to take action. And after a long day of dealing with this shit, I think you can count on it.

Some of us appreciate the effort. :cheekkiss

At this point, we (Spanish for dictators) have all had it with these ridiculous argumentative posts. For the newbies, if you want to look at this as a dictatorship, fine with me. If you continue these posts that are solely meant to push buttons we have every right to take action. And after a long day of dealing with this shit, I think you can count on it.

FYI, there's a PIST appreciation thread on another message I board I sometimes frequent.

You have to admit that this was a witty post, no matter your view on moderators.

Greetings all,

a couple of quick things:

Wilco's show tonight (Wed.) from Club 9:30 in Washington DC will be streamed live by NPR. Show kicks off at 8 p.m. eastern time with a set by John Doe, followed by Wilco at 9. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.p...toryId=19271953

As many of you have no doubt heard, Wilco will appear on NBC's Saturday Night Live this weekend. Check your local listings for time/station. Our apologies go out to the good people of Charleston and elsewhere who were planning on attending the Wilco gig there this weekend. We never take cancellations/postponements lightly but you'll just have to take our word here that logistically, we had no choice. to make it up to you, nels cline will personally jiggle your balls for two whole minutes as you enter the venue at the rescheduled show in august. Information on the rescheduled date here http://wilcoworld.net/tours/index.php

thanks as always and more soon.

HQ in DC

Anyone remember that tv movie from the early 80's about terrorists that got ahold of a nuclear bomb and threatened to blow it up in Charleston? It was shot to look like it was all footage from a news broadcast...and then at the end, the bomb really did go off. It was pretty intense for an 11 year old pussy such as myself.

Vibes to you guys if that really did happen.

Man, with all the controversy this Charleston thing has caused, I actually LIVE in Charleston.. Anyone want my autograph?

Dude, I don't know about you but I'm depressed that Bert's Bar is closed down. My friends from here ran the place.

Anyone remember that tv movie from the early 80's about terrorists that got ahold of a nuclear bomb and threatened to blow it up in Charleston? It was shot to look like it was all footage from a news broadcast...and then at the end, the bomb really did go off. It was pretty intense for an 11 year old pussy such as myself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Bulletin

Yeah, there has always been the fear of a terrorist attack here because of the naval weapons station, chemical plants, etc. They actually caught a couple college kids a few months ago with bomb making materials and a laptop with terrorist instructional videos... Kind of scary..

Yes, I do remember that. Good show.

I played in Charleston once. It was a bar with a fireworks stand in the parking lot. We played, and after the set we're shooting off fireworks in the parking lot. A cop car rolls up and stops. So we northerners get all spooked and run to our van, and the cop doesn't even get out of the car. I thought we were in a utopia, in Jersey there would have been 3 cop cars there and at least half of us would have been arrested.

I played in Charleston once. It was a bar with a fireworks stand in the parking lot. We played, and after the set we're shooting off fireworks in the parking lot. A cop car rolls up and stops. So we northerners get all spooked and run to our van, and the cop doesn't even get out of the car. I thought we were in a utopia, in Jersey there would have been 3 cop cars there and at least half of us would have been arrested.

That's why I love the South..

Was that in the 70's?

No it was just up until now. Tim & Judy Runyan. I think Tim bought it 20 years ago?

I went down there to see David Nelson a few years back and had the best time.

Hello, my name is Memberator, I will be fielding any questions from here on out.

Thanks...........

Your Memberating Team!

This thread has a purpose, so I'm leaving it in place tonight, but with reservations considering the behavior of several posters. I'd have been in here sooner but had internet connection problems most of today.

Most of you don't really understand or fully appreciate how much energy, time, and carefully-considered decision making goes into the fairly thankless job of moderating Via Chicago. Our (unpaid) staff works very, very hard to set a tone in these forums that is both open and welcoming to our wide range of members. Differing opinions are a given in any group so large, but a person can disagree without being disagreeable. In fact, this is the first lesson learned by a person approaching emotional adulthood. Civility matters.

I would ask that each of you be respectful of opinions other than your own, as much as possible, and see whether you can all resist the impulse to post with snarky "witticisms". They are rarely as witty as they seem within your head. :rolleyes If tomorrow brings a spate of ugliness such as we've all suffered through for the past couple of days, those who are the snarkiest will be invited to try out our time-out room. It's painted an unappealing gray-green and the heater is on the blink. Also the benches are lumpy and the tv only gets channel 13.

Really, aren't there nastier websites you could visit to vent your venom? That isn't VC's style, and our membership generally enjoys our kinder, mellower tone. Please respect our moderators' efforts, and help keep the peace.

Thanks,

kidsmoke

B)

PS - Moderators, I love all of you. :wub

PPS - Oceanman, I'll let you take questions now. :thumbup

PPS - Oceanman, I'll let you take questions now. :thumbup

I have always wondered what kind of Moderator I would make. For one I think I'm Bi-Polar, then at times I'm not so sure! :yay

As many of you have no doubt heard, Wilco will not appear on NBC's Saturday Night Live this weekend. Our apologies go out to the good people of the world who were planning on watching us this Saturday. We never take cancellations/postponements lightly but you'll just have to take our word here that logistically, we had no choice. We'll make it up to all of you in the future if we have the good fortune to be asked again. We are happy to say that the Charleston show and the rest of our tour will go on as scheduled.

The above could just as likely have been posted from Wilco HQ as the below was.

As many of you have no doubt heard, Wilco will appear on NBC's Saturday Night Live this weekend. Check your local listings for time/station. Our apologies go out to the good people of Charleston and elsewhere who were planning on attending the Wilco gig there this weekend. We never take cancellations/postponements lightly but you'll just have to take our word here that logistically, we had no choice. We'll make it up to all of you this summer, we promise. Information on the rescheduled date here http://wilcoworld.net/tours/index.php

I would say that ellsworth, Treehugg'n Dirt Worshipper, shuck owens and gdavis et al, have been vindicated and are owed an apology by some.