Crazy: Superfan

T-Shirt-Next-on-the-Banned-List-789925.jpg

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Can you say cretins? Sure. I knew you could."

It's not nice to talk about ction that way.

:ohwell

Maybe a moderator can look into it. My wife is a huge fan and also uses my computer. I wouldn't want her to jam me up.

:lol

I have a feeling that some of these "new" members may have very similar IP addresses.

:yes

It's pretty entertaining when one has to create another persona to agree with oneself. :lol

pretty shitty for ya'all to go around threatening to ban people who are criticizing Wilco for what to me seems like a really crappy thing to do

i think Sky Blue Sky is achingly dull and Nels Cline's hallowed guitar solo in Impossible Germany is impossibly boring.

ban me

p.s. -- i go back with tweedy to uncle tupelo, who i saw 14 years ago last week, and wilco, who i saw at the Mercury in december 1994, so now don't start questioning my credentials. i was digging wilco before most of the kool-aid drinking hipsters on here had stashed their counting crows albums in the basement

pretty shitty for ya'all to go around threatening to ban people who are criticizing Wilco for what to me seems like a really crappy thing to do

I can guarantee you nobody is threatening to ban anyone for criticizing Wilco. Go back and read the posts from the other moderators.

i was digging wilco before most of the kool-aid drinking hipsters on here had stashed their counting crows albums in the basement

Nope, it's crap like this that gets really tiring really quickly. Give it a rest, people.

How many moderators are there? I am only amazed because I have spent embarassing amounts of time and have a shameful amount of posts on a musician's board that has no moderator. The whole moderator idea is, therefore, odd to me. This is the first time I have ever realized that they exist here. No judgement being made about it, though.

Thank you. Jaysus! 3 administrators and many moderators. It must be quite important here. Not trying to threadjack. Sorry.

p.s. -- i go back with tweedy to uncle tupelo, who i saw 14 years ago last week, and wilco, who i saw at the Mercury in december 1994, so now don't start questioning my credentials. i was digging wilco before most of the kool-aid drinking hipsters on here had stashed their counting crows albums in the basement

You'd be surprised how far back a lot of the "kool-aid drinking" members of this board go with Tweedy. I can claim 1990, and so can a number of others. Some of us love the new album, some of us don't.

Our long tenure doesn't make us "better at Wilco" than anyone else. It just means we found out about them early on. Some of the most knowledgeable, devoted Wilco fans I know are people who only came on board after hearing Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. That doesn't make them bad Wilco fans, it just means they weren't exposed to the band until then.

As for banning people who criticize the band, that has never happened here. Everyone is free to express their opinions. It's only when those expressions become abusive or otherwise drag down the level of discourse to an unacceptable level that those members run afoul of the moderators.

I love that this board has moderators who are actually present and engaged in the discussions. They help to keep things from spiraling out of control. I've been on other boards that are barely moderated (or unmoderated), and most of them are utterly intolerable. This place remains surprisingly civil, and I credit that largely to our group of moderators.

So you don't like the new album, and you don't like Nels' solos. That's your opinion, and you're welcome to it.

Guest Muncle Douchey
As many of you have no doubt heard, Wilco will appear on NBC's Saturday Night Live this weekend. Check your local listings for time/station. Our apologies go out to the good people of Charleston and elsewhere who were planning on attending the Wilco gig there this weekend. We never take cancellations/postponements lightly but you'll just have to take our word here that logistically, we had no choice. We'll make it up to all of you this summer, we promise. Information on the rescheduled date here http://wilcoworld.net/tours/index.php

it does suck that all of these fans got screwed over by this SNL thing.

i'm wonder how they'll make it up this summer. do they just mean, we'll play a show this summer to make up for canceling? or will they make this show extra special? maybe throw in a little old Spiders or do an all request set list? or play extra long? it would be cool if they legitimately tried to say sorry by doing something really amazing.

it does suck that all of these fans got screwed over by this SNL thing.

i'm wonder how they'll make it up this summer. do they just mean, we'll play a show this summer to make up for canceling? or will they make this show extra special? maybe throw in a little old Spiders or do an all request set list? or play extra long? it would be cool if they legitimately tried to say sorry by doing something really amazing.

That would be very cool indeed. Of course I have no idea what they will do, but I'm sure it'll be something grand.. Maybe they will bring each fan into a room individually, and perform a private concert.. I'm totally kidding.. But hey, I smell a thread brewing.. "Ideas for how Wilco will make it up to the fans.. etc. etc.."

You'd be surprised how far back a lot of the "kool-aid drinking" members of this board go with Tweedy. I can claim 1990, and so can a number of others. Some of us love the new album, some of us don't.

quoted also-->Our long tenure doesn't make us "better at Wilco" than anyone else. It just means we found out about them early on. Some of the most knowledgeable, devoted Wilco fans I know are people who only came on board after hearing Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. That doesn't make them bad Wilco fans, it just means they weren't exposed to the band until then.

Yeah, take that, and some of us weren't old enough mentally to get Wilco or UT back then. I had some of their albums but they collected dust while Nirvana and Soundgarden were providing the fuel for my angst. I am much calmer now and, therefore, Wilco and UT are the bands of choice. Judging from some of the recent angst, maybe you all should pull out some Nirvana and SG and tear up your room a little, you know, get it out of your system.

You make some good points - but I think everyone gets it when they deserve it. OR maybe they will now, it they did not before. And as I told you before, when you post things that go against the beliefs of the group, or engage in constant debates with people - you are going to draw attention.

I have probably 3 pages of pms warning me of various behaviors - just so you know.

That