Wilco's official word on SNL

Dude, I've actually agreed with alot of the things you've posted. But at some point just let it go.

I do not consider this a violation of my above promise to let it go, mainly because i just now saw this. If that is true, then why did you not post it?????

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In all seriousness, with utmost sincerity, have I ever expressed to you, that you are the coolest person on this board?

Which, without insult to The coolest person on a message board full of Super fans, aint saying a whole hell of a lot

you have me on ignore but read my post anyway. why even have me on ignore?

Because there's no "Add to Jackass list" option.

Say enough annoying bullshit, and you get to be on my Ignore list.

I still read the posts of those I have on Ignore, it's just a nice warning sign for me.

I see "You have this person on Ignore" as "Warning: this Jackass has annoyed you many times over. Take with a grain of salt."

Many folks use the Ignore option liberally here. I recommend it.

For the record, pookie, I am not angry. I just am a principled person. When it comes to my principles, I am as Calexico, the boarder not the band, says "like a dog with a bone". As I have promised to GoGo and Ms. Yvon, I am finished with the SNL episode. I won't even respond to name calling or personal insults. So I leave you to it!!

LISTEN UP

for the most part people are being civil in here, but still the snarky baiting continues. my patience is at an end and i am just about to use some frequent flier miles to deliver civility-how-tos in person to some of you.

fun facts:

1. when you post in a thread, even to point out that people are tiresome, the thread is bumped to the top of the page.

2. the people who are being the biggest jerks are those put on the defensive by members who enjoy jerking them around.

3. i am fucking bored with patrolling just a fan threads like a 2nd grade teacher.

4. i've sent pms to egregious offenders with a promise that i will tie them down with a DSL cord and force them to listen to whatever the fuck i feel like torturing them with if they don't calm the fuck down.

so. let's be part of the solution, peeps.

just stay out of the threads unless you were affected by the cancellation or are offering to console the people who've been disappointed

LISTEN UP

for the most part people are being civil in here, but still the snarky baiting continues. my patience is at an end and i am just about to use some frequent flier miles to deliver civility-how-tos in person to some of you.

fun facts:

1. when you post in a thread, even to point out that people are tiresome, the thread is bumped to the top of the page.

2. the people who are being the biggest jerks are those put on the defensive by members who enjoy jerking them around.

3. i am fucking bored with patrolling just a fan threads like a 2nd grade teacher.

4. i've sent pms to egregious offenders with a promise that i will tie them down with a DSL cord and force them to listen to whatever the fuck i feel like torturing them with if they don't calm the fuck down.

just stay out of the threads unless you were affected by the cancellation or are offering to console the people who've been disappointed

Is this the Twighlight Zone? Why would you feel the need to patrol a message board where people are giving their opinions? Isn't that the purpose of this place?

What is that spanish for dictator?

No - believe me - this place is far from regular moderation of anything.

You don't know this - but I have only seen Ms. Y upset once - and that was over some shit I was doing. So there you go. When people get out of line, no matter who they are, something has to be said.

Yes - I don't like people telling me what to do - and I have the paperwork to prove it. But - when stuff gets out of hand, then the people that have been given the task of overseeing the stuff, have to do something.

Again no - many people have met him more than once. He actually walked up to me one time and talked a bit.

Go to google, and look up message boards, the role of a moderator, administrator, etc.

LISTEN UP

fun facts:

istockphoto_889067_blond_little_girl_with_frightened_look.jpg

Eeeek!

No - believe me - this place is far from regular moderation of anything.

You don't know this - but I have only seen Ms. Y upset once - and that was over some shit I was doing. So there you go. When people get out of line, no matter who they are, something has to be said.

Yes - I don't like people telling me what to do - and I have the paperwork to prove it. But - when stuff gets out of hand, then the people that have been given the task of overseeing the stuff, have to do something.

What do you mean get out of hand? Is stating your opinion now considered getting out of hand? Can't the room police itself by ignoring those who are just attempting to get a reaction out of others? Come on!

Tough scene, I tell you. I've had this happen many times, with many bands. Sometimes they reschedule. Sometimes they cancel. Either way, I would try not to take it personally. Obviously, those of you who are really upset can, and probably should, return the tickets for a refund. I'm sure someone else will happily take them.

What do you mean get out of hand? Is stating your opinion now considered getting out of hand?

It is when it's still going on, this many hundreds of posts (and multiple threads) later.

The horse is stone cold dead, and it's time to stop beating it. Nothing new ... and I mean nothing new, can be said by anyone on the subject at this point.

What do you mean get out of hand? Is stating your opinion now considered getting out of hand? Can't the room police itself by ignoring those who are just attempting to get a reaction out of others? Come on!

As Mr. C said - and it goes beyond this deal. Sometimes, we can't police ourselves. At least, that is the way I see it.

You really know how to make an entrance.

As security has you on a watch list

Crazy: Superfan

You too.

At this point, we (Spanish for dictators) have all had it with these ridiculous argumentative posts. For the newbies, if you want to look at this as a dictatorship, fine with me. If you continue these posts that are solely meant to push buttons we have every right to take action. And after a long day of dealing with this shit, I think you can count on it.