the "don't say the F word here" thread

I think cheesecake is overrated. The only cake I really like is German sweet chocolate. Oh, and also this amazing coconut cake that Zingerman's used to make, but they haven't had it for a while now.

I loves me some pie, but it has to be good pie, and there's a lot of bad pie in the world.

My father is a pie master ... so I get to have top-notch pie every so often, and it's nearly always better than cake.

key lime pie

key lime pie

key lime pie

or white cake with whipped cream and fruit.

oh yes.

My friend makes an AWE-SOME key lime pie.

For the most part, pie is superior than cake. And it has to have real crust, not graham crackers. Making pie with a graham cracker crust is like making a pizza with crushed crackers.

My preferences are situational:

-My wife makes the world's best birthday cake - from scratch no less - which is a blueberry lemon white cake with a white chocolate frosting. This gets made only once a year and I could have it twice a day 365 days a year if the opportunity arose.

-Pumpkin pie whenever possible from October through Christmas - especially the day after Thanksgiving for breakfast.

-Carrot cake is an option that comes up very often, but if it comes from a reputable source it will usually win any dessert tie-breaker.

-Summer is for fruit pies (except on my birthday) and Strawberry is the go-to pie, with cherry always a reliable back-up should the strawberry pie selection look dodgy.

-When in doubt, get a float. :unsure Ooo! Was that the F word you meant? Fuck seemed too obvious. :ermm Damn, now I've said both!

Wouldn't have pegged Schoharie as a place to get good carrot cake.