Living Room Show Pre-Party!

hey quick question:

does the El make its way out to Winnetka?

Well actually, you could take the purple line to its end at Linden, which is in Wilmette (the next town south of Winnetka.) I'd guess it to be about a 5 mile cab ride (or party-goers-pick-you-up ride) from there. But as for the return, the last train's at 2:00ish and I would wag my finger at you for riding it alone, like this: :nono

I might have a seat in my car for you, Jamie. It kind of depends on a long chain of events that begins with Yeti eating something. It's kind of a Choose Your Own Adventure book at this point, so I can't offer you a definite seat. Get in touch with me on Thursday and I should have a better idea.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well actually, you could take the purple line to its end at Linden, which is in Wilmette (the next town south of Winnetka.)
Actually that would be Kenilworth, but close....and the purple line just makes it into Wilmette at that.

The Metra would be the best bet (and far faster) from downtown, since it goes to Winnetka I do believe.

LouieB

The Metra would be the best bet (and far faster) from downtown, since it goes to Winnetka I do believe.

LouieB

Yep, you can get off either at the Winnetka station or Hubbard Woods (I'm partial to HW..I think it's closer to me, though one COULD argue that they are equidistant) but you'll need a ride from the station to my house unless you're up for a 20 minute walk or so. I used to do it all the time when I was younger and didn't have a license..but then again that was usually during the summer :hmm I'm sure other party-goers would be happy to stop by the station and pick people up on their way though, it's pretty close by. I'd also be happy to make a trip to the train station if needed :)

I'll be there with my bride. Would anybody be into going to the Cubs Astros game on Saturday? I'll go alone but...

I have to go home after that.

I have to work on Sunday.

I'll be there with my bride. Would anybody be into going to the Cubs Astros game on Saturday? I'll go alone but...

I have to go home after that.

I have to work on Sunday.

got an extra ticket?

got an extra ticket?

I think there are tickets still up for sale, Last time I checked anyway.

just a reminder about the music...if you plan on playing, you gotta BRING SOMETHING TO PLAY! i have no instruments (well except for a piano upstairs, which is more than likely waaaay out of tune) and am only providing the space for you musicians to do your thang. so if you plan on jamming, bring something to jam with!

also, just to clarify, there wont be big time dinner food or anything like that--just appetizers, desserts, booze, and whatever people decide to bring along

oh last thing, i've had a couple questions about whether or not you have to be in an actual living room show group to attend this..the answer is NO! anyone is welcome

again, send me a PM for details if you plan on coming :)

see you all tomorrow! :w00t

just a reminder about the music...if you plan on playing, you gotta BRING SOMETHING TO PLAY! i have no instruments

I thought for a second about bringing my drum set from Michigan, but that would be kind of dumb.

Besides, I haven't played in over a year, so it would be kind of pointless, too. :thumbup

you don't happen to be in a starbuck's downtown do you?

No. Whatever would give you that idea? :shifty