Living Room Show Pre-Party!

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amitabul.

It's not really close to anything (except Superdawg).

The webpage says they offer cooking classes, but I'm pretty sure I heard the owner tell someone that they're not doing that anymore.

It's not for everyone, but if you're not deterred by the mere concept of vegan Korean food, you might love this place.

I just wish they were still down on Southport, where they were much easier to get to. I'm guessing the rent got to be a bit much for them.

I used to live down the block from Dave's (amitabul's owner) first place in Chicago. It was on Irving Park and it was called Jim's Grill. The place sat like 15 people at the most, but it was amazing. After falling in love with his veggie pancakes, I took a couple of his cooking classes to learn the recipe. He's a great guy and I'm glad you all enjoyed it. One question though, being a vegan joint, can you get an egg on top of the Bi Bim Bop?

Please tell me that the foosball table got utilized!

I used to live down the block from Dave's (amitabul's owner) first place in Chicago. It was on Irving Park and it was called Jim's Grill. The place sat like 15 people at the most, but it was amazing. After falling in love with his veggie pancakes, I took a couple of his cooking classes to learn the recipe. He's a great guy and I'm glad you all enjoyed it. One question though, being a vegan joint, can you get an egg on top of the Bi Bim Bop?

:lol I don't think they have Bi Bim Bop on the menu, but if they do, the answer would be no.

:lol I don't think they have Bi Bim Bop on the menu, but if they do, the answer would be no.

Almost as fun to say as it is to eat. Have great time tonight, folks!

Oh, and if any of you want to get your meat on while you're in town, lemme know and I can hook you up with a great rib joint in Old Towne.