• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So...I’ve also wondered what early song this was. Anyways, I was listening to a recent show on Nugs.net and I Might came on and the drums were very prominent in the mix. The drumming sounded extremely

Hey u2roolz . Here I am 2 years after you replied to my inquiry (1.5 years after I posted it 🤪).  You are definitely right about the drum beat in I Might. The guitar riff and lyrics are way different

• 2 weeks later...

just found out it is Bayfront Festival Park, Duluth, MN/July 9, 2013.

-justin

Cool! Thanks!

A new 7″ record from Tweedy (Jeff Tweedy and son, Spencer) is now available at indie stores like Bull Moose (or my local Graham’s Records). The 7″ includes “Summer Noon” from that upcoming LP, Sukierae, and an unreleased B-side of “Do The Minimum” while the colored pressing is limited to 2,000 copies. The 7″ also comes with a coupon for $4 off the upcoming LP.

So you basically get it for free if you were planning on buying the album anyways on September 23rd.

1614467_878882168791532_1247321046742271

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi, I've got two tracks that don't appear to be on the list.

"Dawned On Me" - KBCO: Live in Studio C, vol 24  [looks like the date is June 16, 2012]

"Someday Some Morning Sometime" - Live From Nowhere Near You, vol 2  [i don't know the date]

I'm especially curious to find a date on that latter track.

Thank you! I'm surprised I missed that Live From Nowhere Near you track, because I remember when that was announced. I don't have a date. I need to revamp the whole list in light of the recent "Alpha Mike Foxtrot." There was a couple on there that I don't have listed and I need make it more clear what is and what isn't on that collection.

Hi, I've got two tracks that don't appear to be on the list.

"Dawned On Me" - KBCO: Live in Studio C, vol 24  [looks like the date is June 16, 2012]

"Someday Some Morning Sometime" - Live From Nowhere Near You, vol 2  [i don't know the date]

I'm especially curious to find a date on that latter track.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

FYI, whoever's keeping track of this, the latest edition of the Live on WXRT charity comp — Volume 17, I think — came out today (at Chicago area Targets) and the first track is a live performance of Box Full Of Letters from the Riv Winterlude shows on 12/6/14.

• 7 months later...

FYI, whoever's keeping track of this, the latest edition of the Live on WXRT charity comp — Volume 17, I think — came out today (at Chicago area Targets) and the first track is a live performance of Box Full Of Letters from the Riv Winterlude shows on 12/6/14.

Thank you!

World Spins Around You - J.Tweedy on:Peter Buck - Warzone Earth

j91te0.jpg

Thank you!

I've been neglecting this list for way too long.

There's also Jeff's "Theme in Yellow" on David Nagler & Friends’ new album Carl Sandburg’s Chicago Poems

http://pitchfork.com/news/67253-jeff-tweedy-interprets-carl-sandburg-poem-as-new-song-theme-in-yellow-listen/

https://soundcloud.com/davidnagler/david-nagler-friends-carl-sandburgs-chicago-poems-13-jeff-tweedy-theme-in-yellow

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...

First post. I’m here on a very specific mission. I watched the documentary The Sun Came Out late last night. There’s a great song late in my the movie called “Calm Down” that I loved, esp. Jeff’s vocal delivery. But it didn’t make the cut for the 2CD album (the doc is about Neil Finn bringing many artists all in to write /record it). Is that song available anywhere? I searched regular Google and this forum to no avail. Are my search skills that bad? Any help is appreciated.

First post. I’m here on a very specific mission. I watched the documentary The Sun Came Out late last night. There’s a great song late in my the movie called “Calm Down” that I loved, esp. Jeff’s vocal delivery. But it didn’t make the cut for the 2CD album (the doc is about Neil Finn bringing many artists all in to write /record it). Is that song available anywhere? I searched regular Google and this forum to no avail. Are my search skills that bad? Any help is appreciated.

Sooooo, I may have answered my own question. I think the song in that documentary is an early version of Bull Black Nova. They recorded most of that record at the same studio at the same time. The documentary lists the song name as “Calm Down”, which is a lyric in the final version of BBN. I’m not a mega fan like everyone here, so perhaps this was a “duh!” to most of you. I was just was hoping to find a quick answer. I own about 3 Wilco discs and my fav is probably A Ghost is Born. But seeing most of the band up close in this documentary has made me want to revisit those and try some others on that I never listened to in full (like “Wilco” or anything since).

You guys love this band like I love Pearl Jam, sonInget it. - I enjoyed perusing the site in the last 18 hours or so.

I’ll check in periodically if I can for more insights. Peace.

• 1 year later...
On 12/10/2019 at 5:23 AM, Jerram said:

So...I’ve also wondered what early song this was. Anyways, I was listening to a recent show on Nugs.net and I Might came on and the drums were very prominent in the mix. The drumming sounded extremely similar to this song that was featured in the 7 Worlds Collide doc. It’s entirely possible that that was I Might in an early form. 

The Sun Came Out is currently streaming on Tubi, if you’re curious. 

That recent show was the third night at Sky Blue Sky. 

• Thanks 1
  • 2 years later...

Hey u2roolz . Here I am 2 years after you replied to my inquiry (1.5 years after I posted it 🤪).  You are definitely right about the drum beat in I Might. The guitar riff and lyrics are way different though. Hmmm, not quite ‘case closed’ but I appreciate the effort and maybe I can find some quote from Jeff talking about the origin of I Might. 

• Thanks 1