• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So...I’ve also wondered what early song this was. Anyways, I was listening to a recent show on Nugs.net and I Might came on and the drums were very prominent in the mix. The drumming sounded extremely

Hey u2roolz . Here I am 2 years after you replied to my inquiry (1.5 years after I posted it 🤪).  You are definitely right about the drum beat in I Might. The guitar riff and lyrics are way different

Got a new one:

"You Are Not Alone"

Mavis Staples w/ Jeff Tweedy

Written & Produced by Jeff Tweedy at The Loft. Available now on itunes, the whole album (produced by Tweedy) comes out in September.

Do we have confirmation yet that Jeff actually plays on this track and didn't just write and produce it? Link?

Edit: This is from the Anti-records page.

The album features Mavis’s touring band of the last three years: Rick Holmstrom, guitar, vocals; Jeff Turmes, bass, vocals; Stephen Hodges, drums; Donny Gerrard, background vocals; plus special guests Jeff Tweedy on guitars, bass, and vocals; Wilco’s Patrick Sansone, keys, vibes; Mark Greenberg, vibes, keys; with additional background vocals by frequent Neko Case collaborators Kelly Hogan and Nora O’Connor, and Richard Parenti.

I'd still like confirmation on which songs Jeff and Pat actually play on. We'll probably have to wait until it's released.

• 7 months later...

We'll be able to add this soon!

From Wilco's Facebook:

"News flash: New Wilco 7" single for sale at the Solid Sound Festival this June. The A-side is a new Wilco tune called "I Might" and it's b/w a cover of the Nick Lowe-penned "I Love My Label." This will be the first release on dBpm Records and will be available to the rest of the world sometime in July. More recording news to come very, very soon. Standby."

Yeah! New Wilco!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll Be Your Baby Tonight

Couldn't remember if this is anywhere else in this thread, but I haven't seen it before. Am I allowed to post this link here?

EDIT: Never mind! I see the above link is the same thing. Either way, pretty nice cover, even if it stays close to the original. Makes me wonder what else is collecting dust in tape vaults and hard drives when it could be in heavy rotation on my Zune!

I'll Be Your Baby Tonight

Couldn't remember if this is anywhere else in this thread, but I haven't seen it before. Am I allowed to post this link here?

EDIT: Never mind! I see the above link is the same thing. Either way, pretty nice cover, even if it stays close to the original. Makes me wonder what else is collecting dust in tape vaults and hard drives when it could be in heavy rotation on my Zune!

Thanks for the links. I've only included officially released tracks on the main list. Maybe someone else might want to start a list of demos (like corduroy cut-off girl), covers(like this one) and live only songs(Millionaire), etc.

Thanks for the links. I've only included officially released tracks on the main list. Maybe someone else might want to start a list of demos (like corduroy cut-off girl), covers(like this one) and live only songs(Millionaire), etc.

I do have that excel spreadsheet. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Upcomingh release: Speak Into The Rose 10" ep

To be released on Black Friday Record Store Day

4 track 10" vinyl, with two previously unreleased tracks

TRACK LISTING:

• "Art Of Almost (ALT Version)"
  • "I Might (demo)"
  • "Speak Into The Rose"
  • "Message From Mid-Bar"

Will be added to the discography later today.

• 4 weeks later...

Jeff's rendition of the Schoolhouse Rock Classic "three is the magic number" recorded live in February of 2002, along with Jon Langford and Tim Rutili has recently been released on Live from the Old Town School Vol. 1" compilation. It'll be added to the discography shortly.

http://itunes.apple....054?i=446206191

Added a bunch of purchase links also.

• 1 month later...

A long time ago I heard a song of a brother singing about his little sister, and I was sure that it was Jeff Tweedy on vocals. Does this ring a bell for anyone? Any help greatly appreciated-

Lisa

Not sure, but you might be thinking of the song "Please Tell My Brother." It's on the Golden Smog disc "Weird Tales."

part of the lyrics are:

please tell my sister

I miss her too

my nieces and nepfews

and their swimming pools

when I think about her

her skies are blue

please tell my sister

I miss her too...

A long time ago I heard a song of a brother singing about his little sister, and I was sure that it was Jeff Tweedy on vocals. Does this ring a bell for anyone? Any help greatly appreciated-

Lisa

Might be "Long Time Ago," from Golden Smog's Another Fine Day.

• 2 weeks later...

REALLY appreciate all the info...Here's three things that I've found that aren't on the list.

I found them via my Spotify account, and I've downloaded all three via either amazon or itunes- check both sources as some were available on one, but not the other....

~"Handshake Drugs" Live version From "Radio Woodstock 30th Anniversary Album"

~"Jesus Etc." Live Version, with Andrew Bird, from Summer 2008 From "Funny People (Soundtrack)"

~"Impossible Germany" Live Version from "Rock The Net:: Musicians For Network Neutrality"

REALLY appreciate all the info...Here's three things that I've found that aren't on the list.

I found them via my Spotify account, and I've downloaded all three via either amazon or itunes- check both sources as some were available on one, but not the other....

~"Handshake Drugs" Live version From "Radio Woodstock 30th Anniversary Album"

~"Jesus Etc." Live Version, with Andrew Bird, from Summer 2008 From "Funny People (Soundtrack)"

~"Impossible Germany" Live Version from "Rock The Net:: Musicians For Network Neutrality"

Thank for looking those up! The second 2 are actually already on the list.

I posted about the first one, but no one responded and I forgot about it!

http://viachicago.org/topic/45870-handshake-drugs-live-in-studo/page__hl__woodstock__fromsearch__1