Wilco played on Get Your Crayons Out on this one, didn't they?

i don't own this album, so I can't confirm, but some quick google research makes me believe you're correct. The reviews I read all mentioned "Get Your Crayons Out" as the collaboration, not "Escalation Breeds Escalation"

Anybody own this album and can confirm for us?

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So...I’ve also wondered what early song this was. Anyways, I was listening to a recent show on Nugs.net and I Might came on and the drums were very prominent in the mix. The drumming sounded extremely

Hey u2roolz . Here I am 2 years after you replied to my inquiry (1.5 years after I posted it 🤪).  You are definitely right about the drum beat in I Might. The guitar riff and lyrics are way different

Wilco played on Get Your Crayons Out on this one, didn't they?

i don't own this album, so I can't confirm, but some quick google research makes me believe you're correct. The reviews I read all mentioned "Get Your Crayons Out" as the collaboration, not "Escalation Breeds Escalation"

Anybody own this album and can confirm for us?

this is correct. Scott McCaughey, also plays on the track.

• 2 weeks later...

I edited the amazon link for "Glad it's over" and added an iTunes link. Unfortunately, it's only available as a "album only track". I hate that shit.

Also added a link to the "Jesus' Son" soundtrack on amazon.com

i am not sure of the format thus far, so i will just "verbally" add one, and someone can put it up. if i missed it, and it is already there, sorry.

it's one of my fave wilco/tweedy-related tracks, for sure.

tweedy solo; sang backup vocal on "words (big mouth)" by ian hunter; from the album shrunken heads; 2007

people should check this one out; i didn't think i'd like it, but i listen to it quite often! :cheers

i am not sure of the format thus far, so i will just "verbally" add one, and someone can put it up. if i missed it, and it is already there, sorry.

it's one of my fave wilco/tweedy-related tracks, for sure.

tweedy solo; sang backup vocal on "words (big mouth)" by ian hunter; from the album shrunken heads; 2007

people should check this one out; i didn't think i'd like it, but i listen to it quite often! :cheers

Thanks. I'll add it to the list!

I really wish Wilco would put out a boxed set or something.

I mean, consider the fact that there were like 15 extra songs from the Yankee Hotel Foxtrot session, and that we've only heard about 3 from every other album session. There's gotta be more. :dancing

I really wish Wilco would put out a boxed set or something.

I mean, consider the fact that there were like 15 extra songs from the Yankee Hotel Foxtrot session, and that we've only heard about 3 from every other album session. There's gotta be more. :dancing

Dealing with 2 different record companies will make a career retrospective boxed set difficult. Not impossible, but difficult. Besides, I've always considered the "box set" the kiss of death for a band. We don't have anything new to contribute, so let's throw everything we've already done together and sell it to you again.

The YHF era was certainly prolific, but I don't count 15 outtakes. Maybe 8.

Alone aka "shakin' sugar" - We'll never see an official Wilco release of this song.

Not for the season - released as Laminated Cat by Loose Fur.

Nothing up my sleeve

Venus stop the train - We'll never see an official Wilco release of this song.

Cars Can't Escape

Won't let you down

Magazine called sunset

The Good Part

I wouldn't consider the other tracks from the YHF bonus EP part of the YHF sessions. They have a later feel to me.

rwin.nl - I was just thinking about his site - and I found it - through the wayback machine:

wayback machine

wayback machine- Search Results for Jan 01, 1996 - Oct 03, 2007

Maybe you want to snag the information -

Thanks for the links. Wasn't the maintainer of that site a semi regular poster here at one time?

I'll have to figure out what to do with all that info. The catalog numbers are especially useful.

Thanks for the links. Wasn't the maintainer of that site a semi regular poster here at one time?

I'll have to figure out what to do with all that info. The catalog numbers are especially useful.

I am just glad I finally recalled how to snag the info. He only posted when he updated his site. I see he has a myspace page - maybe you could get in touch with him that way.

I am just glad I finally recalled how to snag the info. He only posted when he updated his site. I see he has a myspace page - maybe you could get in touch with him that way.

We just exchanged myspace messages and he does not have the HTML discography files any longer. I'll have to pull it off of the wayback machine.

We just exchanged myspace messages and he does not have the HTML discography files any longer. I'll have to pull it off of the wayback machine.

Thanks for doing the work - I was hoping you might go for a complete discography deal at some point.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Family Gardener? (sorry If I missed it on the list) Great job.

I didn't include tracks from "Wilco related" albums. There's nothing on the list from "Down with Wilco" either Loose Fur album or any of the Golden Smog albums. Just individual rare tracks.

• 2 weeks later...